1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

2002 Ford Thunderbird door ajar warning

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by Thorn, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I was having a door ajar on driver side so I sprayed wd40 into locking mechanism and this fixed the door ajar but now the window will not adjust back up when I close the door and it keeps adjusting down every time I reopen door

John Hayman likes this.
  2. You might try disconnecting your battery for a couple of minutes. A reset may help.

John Hayman likes this.
  3. Kalounda

Kalounda Active Member Lifetime Donor

Make sure to try re-setting it

Attached Files:

Alan Sloan and John Hayman like this.
  4. Xssive

Xssive Active Member Platinum Donor

That's exactly what I had to do when I put a new battery in.

5. Transporter

Transporter Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

Same here, new battery and it started doing exactly what your window is doing. Did the reset procedure and it has been fine since.

6. Great info. My passenger side window stops short from top, and today stopped even shorter. I'll try both suggestions here and report results. Thanks.

Elaineinwa and tbird like this.
  7. Recalibrating fixed my passenger door Window issue. Thanks

Elaineinwa and ChuckH262 like this.
  8. Well, my situation turned out differently. My pass window finally got stuck; it would go down but not up. I finally determined that the window regulator was faulty. Was a tad difficult to replace, but I was successful. Though I want to mention that while I had the door panel out and hanging by the window and door switch wires (because I could not figure out how to release the harnesses from the switches without breaking them), both switches broke and fell apart. I ordered new switches and harnesses from Rock Auto, they sent 2 of 4 items wrong. 1 I sent back, the other I modified to work, because I did not realize it was wrong until after I had hard wired it with shrink tape, etc.
    Now my pass window goes up and down correctly, bummer is the driver door switch does not move the pass window. I'm sure it's because 1 wire is in the wrong place. I can live with that for now.

ChuckH262 likes this.
  9. cdbintexas

cdbintexas Well-Known Member Lifetime Donor

2004 Door activated interior lights dont work but automatic windows do work. What is up with this? if the door switch was not working the windows would not work. Sounds like a programmable feature from my missing owners manual. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!