2002 130k miles, still runs great

edward301
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Sunday I gave my high mileage T Bird a good long drive, you know all is good when there are no warning lights, and no
other issues.

At almost 130k miles, still runs great. Did replace the original fuel pump a few months ago, and last week I went to find why
the AC was not cooling properly. Found out the high pressure switch ( transducer ) was bad, and had a bad O ring on the
compressor. Replaced both, and now AC is ice cold.

Still has the original hydraulic cooling fan which works perfectly, my now friend who is a retired Ford mechanic, who did
work on T Birds back in 2002 to 2005 came by, and told me the main reasons the hydraulic fans went bad was because
owners allowed the fluid to get too low and damage the system, or they removed the fluid cap to often and allowed
dirt to get into the hydraulic system.

Anyway all three of my T Birds work perfectly, and my high mileage parts car is not longer a parts car, it is now part
of my T Bird collection.129kmiles.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

That is awesome. It is a wonderful resource to have a friend who is a retired Ford mechanic. Don't tell the parts car that it is no longer a parts car though...

Sunday I gave my high mileage T Bird a good long drive, you know all is good when there are no warning lights, and no
other issues.

At almost 130k miles, still runs great. Did replace the original fuel pump a few months ago, and last week I went to find why
the AC was not cooling properly. Found out the high pressure switch ( transducer ) was bad, and had a bad O ring on the

Still has the original hydraulic cooling fan which works perfectly, my now friend who is a retired Ford mechanic, who did
work on T Birds back in 2002 to 2005 came by, and told me the main reasons the hydraulic fans went bad was because
owners allowed the fluid to get too low and damage the system, or they removed the fluid cap to often and allowed

Anyway all three of my T Birds work perfectly, and my high mileage parts car is not longer a parts car, it is now part
of my T Bird collection.View attachment 29274
What does the hydraulic fan cool and where is the fluid reservoir located? Any special instructions to observe on operation and maintenance?

On 2002 T Birds the hydraulic fan is your radiator cooling fan, the fluid reservoir in on the passenger side of the engine next to the fuse box.

Keep that fluid reservoir full, do not take the cap off unless adding fluid, and every once in a while look down at your cooling fan hydraulic
fan motor for leaks, you want to repair leaks before they become a problem.

other issues.

of my T Bird collection.View attachment 29274
I was wondering since u have hi mileage did you replace the hose under the intake manifold .?

Not that I know of, have no coolant leaks, and no coolant smells, so have not even thought about it. All the other
hoses look good, so leaving well enough alone.

The previous owner may have but have no idea.

Not that I know of, have no coolant leaks, and no coolant smells, so have not even thought about it. All the other
hoses look good, so leaving well enough alone.

The previous owner may have but have no idea.
Are you familiar with the hose I’m talking about ? , mine went at 96k,,my bird came from Florida. and it went at the worst time on a parkway on long island ! . Everything most come off ,fuel rails ,throttle body intake runner for a hose nobody has at least nobody on this planet has ! ,well good luck !

Back