1968 2 door door panel removal steps please | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1968 2 door door panel removal steps please

• Thread starter Thread starter johnnyquick1
  • Start date Start date
J

johnnyquick1

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Hi, my car is too perfect to mess up and my windows on the drivers side front and rear are no longer working.
I need to remove the panel but cannot figure it out.
Thanks for help in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Arm rests are typically fastened on with #2 or #3 drive Phillips screws into speed nuts. Usually hidden near the bottom with plastic plugs.

Window regulators, usually a u-shaped fastener removed with an inexpensive tool made specifically for it. Available at most auto parts stores. Smaller ones may have a machine screw hidden under a metal foil sticker.

The panel itself clips over the top of the door frame and fastened along the bottom edge. Older models use exposed dress screws with captured washers, sometime prior to 1972 they used hidden spring clips. The clips are released by carefully prying with a plastic pry bar, or a stiff metal spatula.

Arm rests are typically fastened on with #2 or #3 drive Phillips screws into speed nuts. Usually hidden near the bottom with plastic plugs.

Window regulators, usually a u-shaped fastener removed with an inexpensive tool made specifically for it. Available at most auto parts stores. Smaller ones may have a machine screw hidden under a metal foil sticker.

The panel itself clips over the top of the door frame and fastened along the bottom edge. Older models use exposed dress screws with captured washers, sometime prior to 1972 they used hidden spring clips. The clips are released by carefully prying with a plastic pry bar, or a stiff metal spatula.

If it has power windows( not sure if any had manual crank windows), there is no win reg to remove. Once you remove the arm rest, you’ll see how the door handle removes. My ‘69 had 3/8” nuts to secure it (or maybe 7/16). It could just be a bad switch or wiring.

Digging into it tomorrow, I saw no screws any where near the armrests but will scrutinize further the vehicle is 100% stock

Back