1968 power windows failing after door reassembly

jon774
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Upon reassembly of the driver's door panel, I lost the ability to operate the front windows. The rear windows work. There is no sound at all from the two front window motors. I re-opened the driver's door panel and armrest, the switch connections are tight.

The passenger front window switch may have been connected wrong upon assembling that panel, now it is not connected at all. Could that have tripped a fuse? I cannot identify a window-specific fuse. The circuit breaker panel is a mystery to me, can that be reset like a home breaker?

I hate to just throw money at a relay, is there a test light procedure I could try. I admit electrical is not my forte.

THanks for any help.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please use the 4 digit model year in your subject as prompted. This aids with site searches and Google search. Also, we are an all Thunderbird site, so the model of your car can be omitted from subjects. Revising your subject from "68 tbird power windows" to "1968 power windows failing after door reassembly "

model-year.jpg

Upon reassembly of the driver's door panel, I lost the ability to operate the front windows. The rear windows work. There is no sound at all from the two front window motors. I re-opened the driver's door panel and armrest, the switch connections are tight.

The passenger front window switch may have been connected wrong upon assembling that panel, now it is not connected at all. Could that have tripped a fuse? I cannot identify a window-specific fuse. The circuit breaker panel is a mystery to me, can that be reset like a home breaker?

I hate to just throw money at a relay, is there a test light procedure I could try. I admit electrical is not my forte.

THanks for any help.
Did you find the problem?

Did you find the problem?
I did this morning, loose wire connector at divers door harness.
Though I'm having switch issues with the passenger side. I have rebuilt the switch, then took apart the harness side "pin holder", which is a rubber connector that spits open.
Now I can't find the right order of wires. The color chart on the wiring manual doesn't give you every wire color! I will have to open up another panel to look at a similar connection.

Good thing I love this car!

I did this morning, loose wire connector at divers door harness.
Though I'm having switch issues with the passenger side. I have rebuilt the switch, then took apart the harness side "pin holder", which is a rubber connector that spits open.
Now I can't find the right order of wires. The color chart on the wiring manual doesn't give you every wire color! I will have to open up another panel to look at a similar connection.

Good thing I love this car!
since you fixed yours, I have the same problem with the drivers side switch. I can' t figure our where the five wires go on the switch. Any help would be appreciated

The plastic connector for the right front power window came apart and I need to know the which color wires go to which terminal on the switch. any help would be appreciated

Back