1966 power windows not working | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1966 power windows not working

• Thread starter Thread starter Nonobrest
  • Start date Start date
N
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
HI everyone, New on the forum, I'm writting from France. I just got a sapphire blue Tbird from Canada.
I have a problem with my main windows that both stopped working lately. The quarter windows are working. The fuses are OK, the switches seems to be good. I don't think both motors are down.
I'd like to find the windows relay, which seems to be on the firewall but I didn't find it. Could someone send me a picture of it and its position please? Could you help me to find the problem.
Thanks a lot for yours answers.
Best regards.
Arnaud

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello everyone

I found this relay, which is in the middle of the firewall on 66. Can you confirm me that I can Bypass it to test it by joining the red wire to the black one? Thanks a lot

HI everyone, New on the forum, I'm writting from France. I just got a sapphire blue Tbird from Canada.
I have a problem with my main windows that both stopped working lately. The quarter windows are working. The fuses are OK, the switches seems to be good. I don't think both motors are down.
I'd like to find the windows relay, which seems to be on the firewall but I didn't find it. Could someone send me a picture of it and its position please? Could you help me to find the problem.
Thanks a lot for yours answers.
Best regards.
Arnaud
Arnaud, join the fun of owing a bird of yesteryear, this may or may not help, I have a 66 conv. Windows work good then it sat unused for a week or so then no windows working, with ignition off an on a hunch I sprayed contact cleaner into console switch while working switches back and forth then turned the ignition on and repeated the spraying again, all windows are operating better then ever, give it a try these switch contacts get a film on them especially if not used often good luck

Salut, merci pour ta réponse. Je l'ai fait mais ça n'a pas marché. J'ai testé les interrupteurs et ils sont bons.
Je vais essayer de contourner le relais de sécurité pour voir si cela fonctionne.
Have a nice day

Back