1966 Best Q Code Carburetor

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi All, I have a 66 Q Code car, had the motor and trans rebuilt and getting ready to put moror and trans back in car. Previous owner had an over the counter Edelbrock carb. Any suggestions on what carb I should be running on my 428?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I guess that really depends on what you want to do. For the purpose of restoration you need an Autolite or Holley. For good driveability the one that was on it is probably fine.

The 428 that came in these cars was rated at 345 h.p. so any 650 should be enough to supply it. Like what was said, really depends on what you're doing with the car. I'm restoring mine to look good, but I have an h.e.i. and a 650 4150 holley style carb under the hood, plus a howards cam that's bigger than stock. Works good.

The 428 that came in these cars was rated at 345 h.p. so any 650 should be enough to supply it. Like what was said, really depends on what you're doing with the car. I'm restoring mine to look good, but I have an h.e.i. and a 650 4150 holley style carb under the hood, plus a howards cam that's bigger than stock. Works good.
Thanks. What HEI distributor are you running with?

The correct original carb (390 or 428) was a 1.08 C6SF-A 480 cfm. It's what mine had a got decent mileage and performance. Earlier 390's used the 1.12 600 cfm carb. It depends on if you want "correctness" or maybe better performance.

Back