1962 thunderbird convertible deck locks | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1962 thunderbird convertible deck locks

• Thread starter Thread starter Rob C
  • Start date Start date
R
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I have taken on 20 year inoperable top.
I replaced old relays with system from *****************. Nice product that make it easy to test each function. Also got new powerful flip top motor which is great. All new cylinders, hoses and solenoids.

Everything works when I run the test buttons. Now working to make limit switches work and run system from door switch. I am finding the deck lock system seems to bind up. Deck hydraulic brings it down but screws seem to be out of line or something. I think this is the first and last step in the top up/down process.

Last step is to have fabric put on. Not sure most shops in Cleveland area will understand this car. Any advice?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back