1962 Horn won't stop blowing

tonysaxon
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi there, im a new member, love the thunderbirds...growing up my father had about 20 and a red 1963 sports roadster
Im in California near Pasadena now

Now when I start the 1962 car up, the horn will NOT stop blowing - I fear the transport company might have accidentally reversed the polarity, shorted something or damaged it, or something knocked or came loose while shipping. As I sat in the car a friend said it looked like the terminals were getting really hot when I started it up.
Any tips maybe on how to fix it or just to at least get it to stop blowing so I can show the car? my mechanic is 120 miles away from the car and I have to get it out of that parking lot ASAP

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

As far as the horn goes it sounds like you have a stuck relay. I don't remember where it's located off the top of my head, but unplug it. It sounds like the control valve in the the steering box is out of adjustment. I'll see if I can find anything on it.

Hi there, im a new member, love the thunderbirds...growing up my father had about 20 and a red 1963 sports roadster
Im in California near Pasadena now

Now when I start the 1962 car up, the horn will NOT stop blowing - I fear the transport company might have accidentally reversed the polarity, shorted something or damaged it, or something knocked or came loose while shipping. As I sat in the car a friend said it looked like the terminals were getting really hot when I started it up.
Any tips maybe on how to fix it or just to at least get it to stop blowing so I can show the car? my mechanic is 120 miles away from the car and I have to get it out of that parking lot ASAP
Hi, my 1956 t bird did the same intermittent horn blowing and it was the rubber ring under the horn that was making contact with the metal ring and needed to be replaced.

Back