1955 turn signals not working | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1955 turn signals not working

• Thread starter Thread starter dicklhittt
  • Start date Start date
D
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I have had to replace my ignition switch. My turn signals don't work. What post on the switch should they be connected to? Do they need a fuse?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

All three years use the same switch and the wires are connected the same. The wire numbers are found in the manual and references the color codes that are found on the wiring harness. The back of the switch is marked as follows:

BATT- #21 yellow wire, supplies voltage to the switch.

ACC – #30 black with green – fuel and temp gauge, #8 orange with yellow – turn signal, also attached is other accessories radio heater, etc. Note: Some accessory wires do no have rubber molded ends. The wire goes straight to the eyelet.

IGN – #16 red wire with green attaches to the coil on a 1955 and to the ignition resistor on a 1956/57, #30A,30B black with green wire attaches to oil pressure and generator light. The eyelet is single with the wires clustered together.

ST- #32 (the center post) Red/blue wire is energized when the ignition switch is held in the start position. It supplies voltage to the starter solenoid which engages the starter.

Also, don't forget to check the 15 amp fuse located between the ignition switchand the turn signal flasher.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird BlueTurn Signal Circuit.jpg

Back