03 TBird overheat

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
like some others here, having overheat issues. replaced thermostat and coolant housing as well as couple of hoses; have done flush and refill, tried to bleed properly. My question is regarding the coolant. Can you only use the Motorcraft Gold, or will some other type be just as well?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have not had an overheat problem according to the gage that always runs in the center. When I had an accident and the radiator was replaced last year, they said they replaced the radiator with one that was 50 percent larger. The part price was only about $150 plus install. They said the original was too small. This was without my request. I have always used the Ford Gold, do not know if others are ok.

Not sure if this will help you, but it might be good info. The '05 that I had for five years overheated after the dual climate control seemed to suddenly quit working. One side was cold, the other blew hot. It's been awhile, but I recall that the first place (where it was towed) replaced the thermostat and said it was fixed. I drove it home and it did it again, so shut off the AC and took it to my regular mechanic, mentioned the climate control issue and he had to pull the engine to access and replace the climate control piece (a valve, or a sensor, or both, can't remember specifically). It never happened again after he did that. And I recall seeing on this forum back then (it was 2014 I think) that other birds had this very same problem and the dual climate control was the issue.

Back