03 TBird no acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
It starts ok. Doesn't act like the the go pedal is hooked up. No acceleration Anyone out there had a similar complaint

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Is the car in limp mode?

Is the check engine light on? Check for diagnostic codes. Bad COPS, Throttle Position Sensor(TPS), Failing ECM are a few possibilities. Try disconnecting the battery for a half hour, may reset the computer. See if the problem returns. I recently replaced the PCM on my F250($1500)#2 cylinder not firing because of a failed driver. Hard to believe it would loose that much HP for just one failing cylinder.

Is the check engine light on? Check for diagnostic codes. Bad COPS, Throttle Position Sensor(TPS), Failing ECM are a few possibilities. Try disconnecting the battery for a half hour, may reset the computer. See if the problem returns. I recently replaced the PCM on my F250($1500)#2 cylinder not firing because of a failed driver. Hard to believe it would loose that much HP for just one failing cylinder.
Yup. Get the OBD reader out. My guess is the coils or TPS.

Is the car in limp mode?
Sorry about that I read up on the previous post and ran scan when I got to South Carolina where the car was figured out it was the coils it was in limp mode and had multiple codes all traced back to coils had limited time to repair before returning to Illinois so I over spent ln coil from Napa and replaced plugs while I was at it thanks for the help

Ok replaced the plugs and coils and there were no lights unfortunately my cousins ie... owner 's husband had cleared the codes when I reset the limp code and drove it 8 miles it was showing miss fire Fixxd reader blamed it on coil on plugs and plugs I replaced all of them and on this drive it did great next day she drove it and she says it lurched a couple of times from start and it stumbled on acceleration I'm back in Illinois now and car is in South Carolina a oh and it's not showing any lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back