02-05 Member from Knoxville, Tennessee area to test LED Headlights

Here is a pic of my Bird with the LED Turnsignals ... you can see the one flashing amber. These are the ones I got from VLEDS and do not have any hyperflashing .... I do have the stock incandesant taillight bulb in the back. I did have hyper flashing when I put LED's in the tailight. Appears with just the front switchbacks .. there was still enough resistance (without adding a resistor) that they work fine.

Nice bright turn signals. I did my turn signals and also my fog/driving lights. Fog light bulb replacement is extremely easy. I recommend these. They are direct plug-n-play replacement, and they are BRIGHT. In fact, you can almost see to drive with them they are so much brighter than incandescent. You'll like em. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LHP5WP/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I first upgraded my 2002 headlight bulbs with Phillips Crystal Vision. Brighter than the stock bulbs, plug-n-play install, but not LED white. I next attempted to install a set of size 9007 LED replacement bulbs in my 2002. They were nice and bright and white, but they required modification of the retaining ring in order to fit over the fan assembly on the LED bulbs. I ended up sending them back and going with Nokya Arctic White bulbs. While not as bright at the LED's, the Nokya's were less than $20 on Amazon, and look much whiter, brighter, and better than the Phillips bulbs. I am satisfied with the price and performance of the Nokyas and they were an easy plug-n-play install. Really not much difference in the look and whiteness of the LED's. Just an FYI for all you T-bird lovers.

What's the link to them? Did you buy these? https://amzn.to/2S0A7kp

What's the link to them? Did you buy these? https://amzn.to/2S0A7kp

No sir, I bought the 65/45 watt version. I was afraid the higher wattage might get too hot for the housing. Do you know if the higher wattage would work?

The 45 watt seems brighter to me than the stock bulbs, and the light is white. With the brighter fog/driving lights, I think there would be enough illumination for night time driving, but I have not had my car out at night since I replaced them. I cannot vouch for longevity either, but for the price, and the ease of replacement, I was willing to give them a whirl.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q4T6YY/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

I first upgraded my 2002 headlight bulbs with Phillips Crystal Vision. Brighter than the stock bulbs, plug-n-play install, but not LED white. I next attempted to install a set of size 9007 LED replacement bulbs in my 2002. They were nice and bright and white, but they required modification of the retaining ring in order to fit over the fan assembly on the LED bulbs. I ended up sending them back and going with Nokya Arctic White bulbs. While not as bright at the LED's, the Noya's were less than $20 on Amazon, and look much whiter, brighter, and better than the Phillips bulbs. I am satisfied with the price and performance of the Nokyas and they were an easy plug-n-play install. Really not much difference in the look and whiteness of the LED's. Just an FYI for all you T-bird lovers.
I know your post is over 1.5 years old, but I'd like a follow-up. How have the lights worked out for you? Are they still operating, and would you still recommend the change?

I know your post is over 1.5 years old, but I'd like a follow-up. How have the lights worked out for you? Are they still operating, and would you still recommend the change?
5 star reviews, 2 year warranty. Can't go wrong there!

I have been watching these posts on changing out bulbs to LED's. So I emailed VLED to get their take on our vehicle. Here is their response to my questions about front signal, rear signal, brake lights, and headlamps. FWIW.
CH
vled response.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watching these posts on changing out bulbs to LED's. So I emailed VLED to get their take on our vehicle. Here is their response to my questions about front signal, rear signal, brake lights, and headlamps. FWIW.
CH
@habromaniac
I just put LED's in a 2004 Jeep. It was easy because you just change out the electronic flasher. Not so easy in the Thunderbird! Load resisters get REALLY HOT on all cars, not a fan of doing that.
lm470.jpg

Back