02-05 Member from Knoxville, Tennessee area to test LED Headlights

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
VLEDS is sending the Thunderbird Forum a free set of LED Headlights for review/testing purposes. Would anyone like to participate in the review that is in the Knoxville, TN area? We'll need to record video, take before/after photos etc. They sell for 150.00 new so it's a great way to get a free upgrade!

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

VLEDS is sending the Thunderbird Forum a free set of LED Headlights for review/testing purposes. Would anyone like to participate in the review? We'll need to record video, take before/after photos etc. They sell for 175.00 new so it's a great way to get a free upgrade!

i live outside Ottawa, which is in Ontario, Canada, and would love to try out a set. my car is in winter storage for another month or so, as we currently have lots of snow and - 18 to -24 degree temperatures. i expect to have my 2003 bird out by the end of April though. please advise. cheers
Harold McKay ,at Almonte

Love to participate in that however I'm in Orange county California.I have HID headlights in my 2002 t Bird which are okay but I wouldn't mind testing out the LEDs if they were in our area. I would still be interested to know the test results

VLEDS is sending the Thunderbird Forum a free set of LED Headlights for review/testing purposes. Would anyone like to participate in the review that is in the Knoxville, TN area? We'll need to record video, take before/after photos etc. They sell for 175.00 new so it's a great way to get a free upgrade!
Will this become a product that will become commercially available for all of us. I would love to go led but from all the issues everyone has, I am avoiding it.

Will this become a product that will become commercially available for all of us. I would love to go led but from all the issues everyone has, I am avoiding it.
What kind of issues?

Some say their parking lights are always on, others have issues with turn signals not blinking or fast blinking. Problems with the dash indicator always showing a burned out bulb. The headlight coverage is not correct. Having to find a place to install resistance, things like that. I'm not an electrician so all that is beyond me. If it is just plug and play, I will buy it tomorrow but I do not want to spend that money only to have issues.

Some say their parking lights are always on, others have issues with turn signals not blinking or fast blinking. Problems with the dash indicator always showing a burned out bulb. The headlight coverage is not correct. Having to find a place to install resistance, things like that. I'm not an electrician so all that is beyond me. If it is just plug and play, I will buy it tomorrow but I do not want to spend that money only to have issues.
These are supposed to resolve all those issues. @cliffcostello told us about them today. https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...of-modernizing-your-lighting.6845/#post-44161

Thanks biddle. I will be looking forward to the video then. Keep us posted

am interested ,but not in the color.I am more concerned about how far down a completely unlit road they light up the dark. I have really bright to look at L.E.D on my bike and they are great to be seen but no so much to see down the road.so a pic of lights on a car wont show it nor will them shining on the garage. If I lived near I would try em

I just picked up my first Tbird a few weeks ago, and I live in the Knoxville area. I’m not familiar with this product but willing to test them for the benefit of this forum.

I have an 05 Cashmere and I like my headlights but would try anything that would give me additional light At 70 years old my eyes are not as good as they were in years past. Just let me know, I live in Nashville, not exactly Knoxville but close. Thanks

I have an 05 Cashmere and I like my headlights but would try anything that would give me additional light At 70 years old my eyes are not as good as they were in years past. Just let me know, I live in Nashville, not exactly Knoxville but close. Thanks
Too far away. :-( Thanks for offering though!

Being in Dallas keeps me from participating, but I am very interested in the product.

At present, my car has Sylvania SilverStar Ultras and I like them but am always looking for an improvement.

Keep us advised.

https://img.Please add your photos as an attachment. Photobucket is not permitted./albums/v109/4-Speed/fullsizeoutput_832.jpeg

https://img.Please add your photos as an attachment. Photobucket is not permitted./albums/v109/4-Speed/fullsizeoutput_836.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if you saw my post but I live on Knoxville and can help.
Looking for someone who lives in Knoxville, your profile says Dandridge which is a ways off.

Here is a pic of my Bird with the LED Turnsignals ... you can see the one flashing amber. These are the ones I got from VLEDS and do not have any hyperflashing .... I do have the stock incandesant taillight bulb in the back. I did have hyper flashing when I put LED's in the tailight. Appears with just the front switchbacks .. there was still enough resistance (without adding a resistor) that they work fine.

Attachments

• 20181201_132516.jpg
    20181201_132516.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
I first upgraded my 2002 headlight bulbs with Phillips Crystal Vision. Brighter than the stock bulbs, plug-n-play install, but not LED white. I next attempted to install a set of size 9007 LED replacement bulbs in my 2002. They were nice and bright and white, but they required modification of the retaining ring in order to fit over the fan assembly on the LED bulbs. I ended up sending them back and going with Nokya Arctic White bulbs. While not as bright at the LED's, the Noya's were less than $20 on Amazon, and look much whiter, brighter, and better than the Phillips bulbs. I am satisfied with the price and performance of the Nokyas and they were an easy plug-n-play install. Really not much difference in the look and whiteness of the LED's. Just an FYI for all you T-bird lovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back