02/03 dilemma | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

02/03 dilemma

• Thread starter Thread starter Ken1117
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2500 TBirds allotted for Canada for 02, so our dealers sold out quickly. In mid March I put down a deposit to get on the 03 ordering list with an expected delivery of Sept/Oct. Ford just notified my dealer that 2 cars can still be ordered for 02 so I can have one at list for August delivery. Pro's and Con's are:
1) - Want Tbird blue and it may not be available for 03.
2) - Rumor says 15HP increase for 03, how important is this, will it be noticable when driving the car?
3) - Fog lights not available in Canada in 02, might they be on the 03?
4) - will there be a price increase for the 03.
My dealer has no info from Ford on the 03, so any information or even rumors you might have to help me make a decision would be appreciated. Right now I'm leaning towards the 02. Want it in my driveway as soon as possible!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

to try to answer some of your questions:
1- Thunderbird Blue will not be available in 2003 but we're pretty sure there will be another blue taking it's place
2-maybe.
3- doubt they'll make the change to putting the optional parking lights in for Canada - word from others in Canada said that it was a bumper crash test issue.
4-word is that they'll hold the line on pricing but we don't know how close they'll come.

I keep track of the 2003 rumors on my site: http://www.geocities.com/thenewtbird/rumors03.html
They are still rumors as nothing official has surfaced from Ford yet.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown = 19005! = the New T-bird

The main difference in engines between 02 and 03 is: the 02 does not have VVT, variable valve timing.
How this works, at a specific rpm and above the valve opening is increased and more oxygen is allowed into the
Cylinder. He means 15 more HP and slightly better gas mileage. Kinda like a higher lift cam.
Another difference is the instrument panel and speedometer. Also, the V8 was added to each side front fender.

You're responding to an 18 year old post - its old enough to drive !

Thanks! The information is for someone today. Most people even today don’t know what VVT is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back