Zaino Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
NG,

I was not trying to imply that you were bashing Zaino, you brought up a good point about build up. That is the reason the I contacted them, if it were to build up I wanted to know how to handle it and thought it would be a good idea to let others that may be using or are going to use it (like myself) what they had to say.
wink.gif

Has anyone ever heard, about sprinkling corn starch on the car after you apply the wax but before you wipe it off? Then as you are removing and buffing the wax the corn starch takes out any marks and leaves an increadable shine. I am not recomending this because I have not tried it, just wondering if any else has.

57 Bluebird,

Yes I've heard of it and have done it many times. Years ago I worked in a Body Shop and corn starch was was used on the final pass when buffing out lacquer paint jobs. The paint would be rubbed out with a buffer. Then a liquid wax with no abrasives would be buffed onto the paint, while still wet the corn starch would be sprinkled on. this was handy because the corn starch would stick to the sides of the car when the wax was wet instead of falling to the ground. Then when buffed the corn starch removed all the swirl marks and left a brilliant shine. Corn starch also has some other uses. You've all had wax that when it dried it took an act of congress to get it off the paint. Sprinkle corn starch on that wax and with a single wipe across the paint it just comes off. Also when polishing aluminum wheels the polish turns real black and is hard to get off. Same thing, before trying to rub off the aluminum polish just sprinkle some corn starch on it and it will come off with a single wipe.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon,

I'll have to give that a try on the Coddington's. The other day when I was detailing them I noticed a few spots that I want to go over with some Mothers aluminum polish. I'll let you know when I have a chance to get to them.

I started using Zaino on the vette when
purchased it in Sept 00. If you read about
this polish on the Corvette board it's the
"Polish God". My car is not a daily driver
and has never been in the rain. So I may not
be a good source for a polish.

If you read some of the other owners posts,
they may have 25+ coats of this polish on
on their cars. So if yellowing or cracking
was a problem I'm sure it would have been
address in detail by now.

As far as being that good of a product I
really can't say. It's easy to apply and
does not leave the white residue in the
seams like other products. This was what
really sold me. In my case apply additional
coats maybe twice a year. In between just
wipe the car off with the wet enhancer.

I have read that some "do not" like the
results of using zaino on polished
wheels.

I told the Ford dealer when the T-Bird
does arrive ?? to leave it alone, do not even
wash it, I will take care of it myself.
Did try an explain that was going to use the
zaino system and if they waxed it would just
make a lot more work for me in removing. They
responded with long rather nasty letter
about how we would have to sign a waiver,
etc to resolved them of any responsibilty.
To the point we can't hello without a
conflict now.

-

When I let my dealer put my car in his showroom after my trip to Florida, he cleaned and detailed the car first. The detailer asked if he could use his preferred product, called "Liquid Glass". Said it would make the paint look very deep. I think it looks great, but wondered if anyone else had any experience with it.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Thanks for the link NG. I checked it out, and was pleased with what I read. The detailer said it was really easy to work with. This is apparently a sealant, not a wax. I have always prefered sealants, 'cause I am lazy and don't like spending weekends waxing.

Recently I have returned to carnuba waxes. Really can't make up my mind which way to go for a permanent solution for the Bird. I guess I will have to spend more time at the detailing sites and get re-educated.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back