Will I be able to sleep tonight??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gosh, my car is FINALLY here. Delivered to dealership today, going to pick it up tomorrow...believe it or not, I got stuck in meetings and completely forgot to get to the credit union for my loan check (what an idiot!)
redface.gif

Because I'm slightly 'puterstupid, could someone please post the link to the posts regarding tips for picking up the car and also breaking the car in?

Sounds silly, but I honestly think I'm a bit numb...after almost 4 years, this way-off dream of mine is finally a reality...WOW...my first brand new car...is it possible to be thrilled/happy/scared/nervous/apprehensive/
ecstatic all at the same time?

At least now I can finally say when asked the age-old question of "Did you get your car yet?" HELL YES!!

Thanks everybody...I'll toast everyone on this board with my favorite beverage tonight!!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; VIN 19355

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Four years to get ready for this great happening and you choke in the on-deck circle. Wow.

Anyhow let me be the first to congratulate you and wish you the best.

Get every piece of paper, stickers, dealer invoice, manufacturers statement of origin, window sticker. make sure they check the tire inflation for 30psi.

Drive at varying speeds for the first 1,000 miles...no cruise control for extended periods. read the owners manual and learn how to "personalize the car".

And most importantly....CHECK YOUR EMAIL RIGHT NOW!!!!!

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Flybrd

I suspect that if you down enough of your favorite beverage you'll be able to sleep tonight. However..... too much and you'll sleep right through tomorrow, and that would be a real bummer!

If you're going to be half as happy with your TBird as I am with mine, you'll wonder how could heaven be any better!

Congratulations!

Jim

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOUR LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HAPPINESS AND JOY YOU WILL HAVE WITH YOUR NEW CAR!! SEE YOU IN DESTIN. HAPPY MOTORING!! 02TBIRD

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!

Let's face it, you won't sleep tonight. I don't think that any of us got any kind of sleep the night before we picked up our cars. So you might as well find something to make that you'll find useful in your new Thunderbird.

I stayed up all night making compilation music CD's on my computer. That's just one idea, I'm sure that you can come up with other things to do. Be prepared, you're in for a LONG NIGHT!!!

Can't wait to see the "cousin" to my Thunderbird! Hopefully next week!

Congrats Flybrd!!!!

Can you count the birdies tonight rather than sheep? Is your car locked up somewhere, secure so that you cannot take a pillow and prop against a gleaming wheel to sleep, absorbing thoughts from your baby?

Tomorrow's gonna be FUN for you!!!!

You are now cleared for takeoff.....

check the paint near all of the wheel wells. I have had a few drips that are going to be fixed on my white premium. They are hard to notice in showroom lighting. Take a flashlight and show it from the side. Have them go through every option with you so you understand. If you have the time, have them take the hardtop off and install the boot with you. The boot is not difficult if you follow the directions posted. The white lithium grease was a great hint. Get a good supply of zaino, some bug/tar remover along with black microfiber towels to wash the soft-top (less lint). Get the aerospace protectant and a good leather cleaner and conditioner ( I am using BMW products for this and they are great). have fun and take a good CD to listen to on the way home...todd leslie white/premium

Well Flybird, your day has FINALLY arrived! I'm looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the Atlanta bunch along with the rest of our family members in Destin. (Yes, I succumbed to your response!) Enjoy your special day tomorrow, as it will be doubly special for you since this is your first NEW car! Best of luck.

KB

Flybird, seems that I get a rush every time I hear that someones bird is in. I remember what it felt like with what your feelings are doing to you tonite.
Doing the CD thing is a great idea, to listen to the music while your riding. It will be a wonderful/scary on your ride home, and the music will keep you calm. (especially if it is 50-60's music)

Good luck and have a ball. Joy

Congratulations flybrd !! I waited 39 months for Venus. After two months I'm still on the honeymoon.

You're going to love the driving experience, its a wonderful ride
smile.gif

------------------
Charlie
VENUS, a Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent.
VIN 12778

Originally posted by 02tbird:
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HAPPINESS AND JOY YOU WILL HAVE WITH YOUR NEW CAR!!

Yeah, until you get a door ding, keyed, or a teenagers takes the side of the car out. :)

You'll have "Fun, Fun, Fun" until your wife takes the keys away. Enjoy its the hottest & the coolest ride on the streets. I waited nearly 3 years and can relate as can many others on this board.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

LON:
What do you mean "'til your wife takes the keys away"? Not many wives would be so naive as to give an ultimatum of "either the T'Bird or me". Who wears the pants? Or, more appropriately, where is the position of the driver's seat last left when it is put back in the nest?

------------------
T'BIRD RUNNER

I should like to think that the seat is in the all the way back position, you know, something like the toilet seat being left down, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Wouldn't "memory seats" be a nice feature!

flybrd - I assume you won't have time to reply today - after all the formalities are done, bet you'll be "flying" around town for awhile. Congratulations! the "big grin" is coming today.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
flybrd, congrats, Know you will love it. See if you can brake some kind of record on miles put on the Bird the first day.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back