WHEEL OFFSET QUESTION FOR 1991 BASE

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
levi3410
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a question on the offset of my wheels. I found wheels with the right bolt pattern that were 15x7 but the offset is 10mm and everywhere i've found says that mine is 39mm, will they still fit? Thanks for any answers or advice!

I have a question on the offset of my wheels. I found wheels with the right bolt pattern that were 15x7 but the offset is 10mm and everywhere i've found says that mine is 39mm, will they still fit? Thanks for any answers or advice!
I THINK they will fit. As long as the bolt pattern is 5x108mm (5-1/4). I think OFFSET has something to do with how far in or out the wheel out rim is from the center of the hub. Talk to your tire place to get a tire that will not rub based on a different offset. Please understand that offset is like Chinese arithmetic to me so make sure you get a clear idea. Wikipia probably explains offset better than I can.

I talked to a place and with a 10mm offset the tire will move out about an inch which is the look I'm going for. I am glad I found the wheels I did they are chrome and are very close to the Cragar s/s and the American Racing Torq Thrust 2's. Thanks for the help!

I talked to a place and with a 10mm offset the tire will move out about an inch which is the look I'm going for. I am glad I found the wheels I did they are chrome and are very close to the Cragar s/s and the American Racing Torq Thrust 2's. Thanks for the help!
You are welcome, please post some photos when you get them mounted.

I have not ordered them yet my parents said they would like me to have some money saved up after i get the rims so I need a couple weeks worth of pay before i'm allowed but I can send you a link to the wheels if you would like.

hey i just ordered my wheels off of carid.com they are verde protocals and are chrome i can show you a picture when i get them mounted it might be a few weeks because i am getting white letter tires to go with them but i will add a picture if you want.

I got my rims today! I will upload a picture but as of now I do not know how to get a photo from my gallery on my phone to here. I do not have tires yet I will be buying white letter tires soon!

Back