What's the price of premium gas in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just got my first fill-up!!! 93 octane @ 1.479

While fueling a very attractive young lady drove up, stopped exclaiming "nice car". She got out, checked it out from several angles then asked if she could see the inside. After many oohs, aaahs, wows and a brief chat she drove off. What blew me away was that she didn't stop for gas, just wanted to get a closer look at my beautiful Venus.

A guy could get use to this
biggrin.gif

------------------
Charlie
Venus is a Blue/Blue Premium w/fullaccent.
VIN 12778

This was sent to me via e-mail yesterday:

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis. It is frustrating feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family,
and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil
companies are the best to buy gas from.

Major companies that import
Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 to
8/31/01).

Shell 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco 62,231,000 barrels
At $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Citgo      0 barrels
Sunoco  0
Conoco   0
Sinclair   0
BP/Phillips0

Our Classic TBird club has its annual bluebonnet cruise today, so I'll filled up new Blue last night at Sam's Club. Premium was $1.439. A 60s vintage Shelby Mustang hardtop in really good shape pulled in immediately behind me at the pump. Three different people walked up to my car without even looking at the 'Stang. (I had already complimented the guy on his car!) I felt kind of sorry for him. This Bird is a great car, and very fun to drive.
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X

There is an editorial bit in today's Wall Street journal called "A Stealth Gas Tax". It goes on about some in the Senate wanting to mandate Ethanol in all fuels nation wide. They want to do this by outlawing MTBE, which in itself might not be bad, It goes on to say that the refiners would be required by 2004 to use 2.3 billion gallons of Ethanol, and up to 5 billion gallons by 2012. One part of it says that right now we only produce 1.7 billion gallons now. (Notice fuel shortage here). Also near the end of the article, it goes to say none of it is really needed because of the new engine designs and “reformulated” gas we now have. I am not sure what we can do; for now, the Senators from both New York and Calif. are trying to stop this, because it would hit us the most in the pocketbook. I guess all the rest of us can do is write our Senators and say anything to do with Ethanol in our fuels is bad for whatever the reason. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

RTBRD_aka_jodrod:

I grew up in Port Arthur, Texas. They claimed to be the "City that Oils the World" back in the seventies. They are the home of the original Texaco and Gulf refineries (among others). Just for the record, they routinely have to pay more at the pump than most others in the country and it has been that way for years. I don't think it is a matter of Texas oilmen taking care of Texans, rather they are taking care of themselves, and their politics. I don't understand it but I pay less here in Austin than when I go back there to visit.

JimmyFitz
$1.51 for 93 octane at Texaco today in Austin

the cheep gas premium gas was like 1.68

http://members.*********/vicratlehead/gas_prices02.jpg

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

-

-

Thanks for all the response to this thread. It was very interesting to follow. It appears Canadians get the prize for the highest prices. Parts of Florida and California aren't too far behind. Some of the oil states seem to have the best prices, which makes sense, and the rest of us fall into the catagory of somewhere between $1.50 to $1.70. Hope they don't go up too much more for summer driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back