What's the price of premium gas in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering what the price of premium gas is around the country. Here in Central Washington it averages about $1.53 a gallon. However, I filled up at Costco last thursday for $1.41. I didn't think much about it till I called a friend in Southern California Sunday and he told me premium was $1.85, there. I can't believe we have cheaper fuel up here. Usually we in the northwest pay about the highest price of anyone in the country. I am curious to see what the rest of you are paying, and why is there such a difference?
Hobobob

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Bought premium unleaded yesterday at Sam's Wholesale Club for $1.349 Everywhere else in town is about $1.419 to $1.519

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Around here in York,Pa. it's about $1.48 to $1.49. The other week when I was in Florida I paid as much as $1.60. Big differance.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I just got back from Costco, paid $1.53. Was up in Palm Beach County last Friday and saw Premium for $1.859. The average around my area for Premium is about $1.669. Guess we better hold onto our hats now, I have a feeling things are going to begin to skyrocket with what's going on in the Middle East right now.

KB

Originally posted by 02thunderbird:
New Jersey, Sunoco,94 oct. $149.9 and we don't have to pump it.

no wonder everyone takes to the subway!
biggrin.gif

here in Northen Calif, it runs between $1.69 to $1.89. Oh well getting around 20 miles per gallon, it's still cheap fun.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Around the Greensboro, NC area the cheapest that I have seen is $1.53. Last weekend there were some stations that were selling premium for the same price of the mid grade which was $1.43.

Try .81 cents a litre, I beleive there is about 4 litres to a US gallon so that would make a US gallon of premium gas about 3.25$cdn or about 2.00$us.

BTW, 60% of that price is taxes.

The Canadian and Provincial governement love the fact gas prices go up.

The net result is that they incur huge surpluses on consumer's backs.

Worst! They credit these surpluses to great management....

Monkeys could run our governement better that some of the yahoo's we have in place today.

Haaaa now that feels good.

-

Gas in Jacksonville Fl , is 149.9 to 159.9
depending how close to the Interstate you are .
I did see a 139.9 AT BJ's Wholesale club , for club members only.

retraction from 3 hrs earlier: I should have written 1.49.9 for the 94 octane petro...... the point being, in NJ we don't have to exit the vehicle and still one of the lowest prices in the nation.

Here in Houston the best I've seen is $1.399 for premium over the past weekend. However, most of the stations I pass near the interstate freeways are running more like $1.499 or more for premium.

I can't complain too much, my blue bird ROXY seems to be getting great mileage considering it's "around town driving"

91 octane is $1.97/ga at the Palo Alto [can you say windfall profit?] Shell station. I've seen the price climb steadily for the last month as I pass by on my daily train commute.

I thought this was rather unusual. As posted earlier, I filled up the T-Bird Sunday at Sam's Wholesale Club with premium at $1.349 Yesterday I filled my truck up at Sam's and the premium price had dropped to $1.329 Gas is going up all over the country and here it went down. But I'm not complaining. lol

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back