What's a good price ????? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

What's a good price ?????

• Thread starter Thread starter Ticket Ted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
I have a friend who just e-mailed me. There is the opportunity to purchase a 2003 Bird that had been purchased in 2003 and put into a garage because the owner got sick. It has 125 miles on it. The woman wants $38,000 for the car to settle the estate.

Don't know what model level, options, or trim package (sounds to me like it is a full boater) but $38,000 sounds steep for a car that is technically 2 years old.

I paid $39,00 for mine with every option and the majority of the dealers I visited in N.E. Ohio wanted sticker or better when I made my purchase.

Does anyone have what the market is getting for the various levels of 03Birds?

Thanks,

Ticket Ted

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ted,

I paid $ 33,400 new, from the dealer for my 2003 a little over a year ago
( m.s.r.p $41,175). Premium with hard top and saddle interior. Pretty much every option. I would suspect you should be able to do the same on a remaining new 2004.

....cruise E-bay and take a look at the numbers being thrown around there......If she wants 38....will she look at 36....34?...somewhere in between?.....If your friend wants it.....work it! 😀

Car price

I know. I told them that it is a toy car-soon to be a collectors car again. He got hooked when I let him drive the car.

I know the woman cannot afford the car payments while the car is sitting in the garage undriven. (Her son cleaned her out in an estate war)

I told my friend to start at $25K and go no more than $31.5K. This is what the dealers would sell it max . It's hard when you don't know the complete info on the bird. Maybe she'll bite for the low price.

Ticket Ted

Another data point, FWIW. I bought a used '03 in September this year, premium with hard top, with only 3K miles on it for around $28,500. The price she's asking is, IMHO, way too high. I think she'll have to back off close to $10K to be competitive with the going rate.

Chatsworth Ford in Chatsworth, GA. advertised in todays paper a new '04 for $28,834, list price $37,825. Stock # 4C021. Another 04 for 32,343, list $41625, stock # 4C001. Their phone # is 706-695-6701.

Fordman21, I just spoke to Allan Hughey at Chatsworth Ford and that car is still available at the sale price until this weekend. You can call Allan at 706-695-6701. Good luck on the lottery!!!!

T-Bird Pricing

On new carryover 2004's the dealer cash was $5250 in December.

Have not seen January 'deal'.

X-Plan on a premium w/sand package is about 39400, list 42800.

Dealer passing cash through to you would make drive out approx 34150

+ TTL. Doc fees are BS and will be dropped or offset when you get up

to leave. Ask to be referred to fleet sales person and ask to see X-plan invoice.

Price too high - keep looking

I tried to purchase my T-Bird, for my wife of course, from a local dealer last year. Didn't want a new one, I don't purchase new cars unless the price is way down. Couldn't find anything locally. My local dealer belongs to AutoNation.com. I did a search for it there and found a 2002 with 7K miles for $26,500 in Texas, fully loaded. My local dealer took care of all the paperwork and arranged for my wife and I to pick up the car (I wanted a chance to try it on the road). The dealer gave us a check for $350 dollars to cover costs in bringing the car back. It was love at first site for my wife and I fell in love with the car driving it on the highway. Bottom line is, keep looking, do a search on the net and ask local dealers if they will arrange purchase for a vehicle you find over the net. They might give you a site to go to that they belong to. BTW, the only thing we found wrong with the car on the way back was the cd player kept going beserk when it heated up. Within a few days the dealer installed a new radio and cd player under warranty and have had no problems with the car since. We did find that the windows will loose their drop down programing when we use the rag top but found instructions on resetting it in the owner's manual and it is no problem anymore. My cooworkers were amazed at how solid it drives on the highway.

Henry

just bought a 2004 merlot premium in upstate ny 3 weeks ago blk accent boot and sst paid 32000 and the dealer put in a starter for me if you work them not to hard you can do the same dealer told me after taking out all money to the dealer his net cost was 31,800 but it at the target or walmart price not the macys price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back