Weight of 2003 hard top?

Be advised, they are heavier than removable hardtops for other cars I've had by nearly double and, without a hoist, removal is a two man job ; otherwise you risk damage...

I usually have three people to take it on and off.. I put a heavy blanket over the trunk just in case.. I have the third person at the middle of the trunk just to lend a hand clearing the trunk.. Just this Memorial Day, I had 4, two on each side, it was a breeze with 4… My wife and I can do it BUT, it is a challenge.. The top is every bit that 80-90+ lbs and it sure seems heavier the older I get..

It's heavy! I found this video a long time ago with installation instructions showing a man and woman easily installing the hard top.

Great acting because the weight and size of the hardtop make it a challenge for two average strength men to remove or install. Sadly, my wife was unable to lift the hardtop with me.

I have a 2003 convertible, and I’m wondering what the weight of the hard top is alone.
It's advertised at 80 or so pounds. However, you need a minimum of two fit people to remove/replace it. Personally, I think it weighs a lot more than 80 pounds.

Back