VOTE: 2002-5: White Walls or NOT?

There are very few photos of the 2002-5 with white walls; I have a TORCH RED one and wondered from "the pros" (YOU!), do you like them or not: YES or NO . . .
I am in between, i like the old school raised white letters, but white walls look very sharp with the right wheels.

Vogue seems to have a tire close to original 235 50 R17. You can buy them all over but above is their web page.
Cali Tire also takes modern radials and bonds the WW on but they only have 1 17 inch size, saying they will do more.
I've used Cali tire before on another classic car, it looked great.

These are 17 inch portawalls you can add to your current tire. I've seen several of these sets on T-Bird cars. Would those
members weigh in on how these look up close?

A big yes here

Extremely like them but when accompanied by wire wheels

We have 2 in town here that did it (not too wide of a white wall and wires) and they are fabulous (to my eye at least) .. the straight wire type of course as cross-laced did not work out well in the early days of the 11th generation cars

Have considered them .. wish I had done so a few years ago and enjoyed them, but may not do so now

If I feel good just before spring, and car still runs good, and feel I will still be able to drive for the foreseeable future, might do it

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 0

Vogue seems to have a tire close to original 235 50 R17. You can buy them all over but above is their web page.
Cali Tire also takes modern radials and bonds the WW on but they only have 1 17 inch size, saying they will do more.
I've used Cali tire before on another classic car, it looked great.
Vogue sells the original size plus 235/55R17. I have the 55 series on my car and it corrected the slight speedo error. The Calli Tires are interesting in that they are much more affordable.

Calli started as 1 shop, now they gave 4-5 plus on line. The below pic is with Calli radials on a Chevy Corvair I restored. They use off brand but reliable tires. In this case Travelstar which is also sold at my local Perfection Tire shop. They sell a lot of them and have no issues. So should work fine if the larger tire isn’t too big. Calli told me they know there is a market for larger wheel sizes and plan to add more sizes 2021.

Attachments

• A530EC8C-A341-4635-B580-CEA61056CA9F.jpeg
    A530EC8C-A341-4635-B580-CEA61056CA9F.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes, it's completely personal preference / a choice for any modification.
There is no good or bad here

Whatever one does or does not add, these cars look terrific

Us, we like to modify the items we are not too crazy about .. have done 4 mods including wheels, Borlas, Burlwood dash & billet grill but not yet done wires & white walls to date

I confess to drooling when I see one with wires and narrow whites .. now I'm thinking about them but fortunate for bank account, it's fall
Can you post some pics of the Burlwood dash? Found a local source for OEM Ford kit, like to see what yours looks like installed.

Just so everyone knows the Calli Tire and Wheel 17 inch tire is a travel star tire and they don’t add the whitewall, they come that way and you can get those in many places. They are a 60 series sidewalk however.

questions of what people like are often asked here. but really the only one to ask is yourself!! if you like any modification then do it. what other people think is not important,as it will almost always go both ways.

Ah, the key to a forum is that often I will see things or find out about Something I haven’t seen before. These cars are so well done by themselves they don’t need much style wise, whitewalls and red calipers is all I’m doing to mine. Well, I did repaint in stock year and code, but added 3 coats clear which has lightened and deepened the color. There you go. Yes, I researched and made my decisions.

Back