VINs/Dates/Destinations II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bmcn,

Did I miss something in your post such as your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard)?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by jawill2000:
JODROD Just received a call from my salesman, ETA is 3/04/02 but he says that their deliveries of everything but vehicles with adjustable pedal system are running 1 or 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

-

JAW,

Keep in mind my database only contains data that is posted/sent to me by mainly persons on this baord. I'm sure MA is getting more than 14 seeing as it is the 13th most populated state.

Hello Jodrod

I think it's great that you want to document these exceptional vehicles for future reference and I'll supply you with as much info as I have about my special ride at the end of this message.

I just learned of this site a couple of days ago and have been prowling around reading some of the experiences that folks have gone through waiting for their beloved birds to arrive. My story is very different. We have loved the car since we first saw drawings and a picture of the prototype back in 1998 but were resigned to waiting until the prices and demand settled down before attempting a purchase. My duaghter and I were prowling the Ford lots in Tulsa in October and test drove a Ford Lightning. Afterwards, we were invited to enter a drawing and out of 4,500 entries, we won our Thunderbird.

Here are the details we have on the car:

VIN: 1FAHP60A52Y101216
Delivered to: Tulsa Auto Collection, Tulsa, Ok.

We're not sure of the delivery date but have a call into the dealership to learn more. We took ownership on 12/22/01 -- Merry Christmas!

The car is Yellow with a Yellow Hardtop, Premium Model with the Full Optional Interior Color Package.

I'll let you know when I learn more about delivery details if that is something you wish to see.

Owners -- Jerry & Glenda Tilley

-

biggrin.gif
Freebird, you lucky dog you. This might EVEN be better then buying one besides not having to wait too long and some of the dealer markup's you lucked out. So enjoy your new ride. I know we are.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Thanks Gobird. I can tell you the adrenelin rush we got when they announced our name was about as good as it gets!! I'd say it's about like the feeling of buying the last 5 new cars we've had all rolled into one moment.

I notice you list your other cars. Here are mine:

'95 Roush Mustang
'96 Mystic Cobra
'97 Lincoln Mark VIII

The garage is overflowing...

-

rolleyes.gif
freebird You don't have any FISH!!!
PS I've always considered myself a Ford man , But what is a mystic cobra?
------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

-

Know what you mean. I have the dog and the cat. You forgot to tell me what is a mystic cobra.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Ford made 2000 cobras in 1996 that have a chameleon paint job on them. The car is primarly green or purple depending upon the intensity and angle of the light around it. It can also look brown, gold, black, blue and a little bit of yellow on occasion.

Pretty neat cars. Ford only did it once. I think they were planning on doing it again with a different set of primary colors on the 2000 cobras but they didn't make a cobra that year because of the uproar about horsepower claims on the '99 cobras.

The car has an 8 pound supercharger on it and dynos out at 406 horsepower at the wheels. It's fun to drive as is the Tbird.

------------------
'95 Roush Mustang GT
'96 Mystic Cobra (seriously blown)
'97 Lincoln Mark VIII

Hey freebird,

Good to see another Okie on the board. I was wondering if I'd ever hear who won the bird that the AutoCollection (Ford of Tulsa, now,I guess)gave away. You are one lucky guy! I never did get up there to register for a shot at it. Saw several commercials on the tube for it though.

I live down in Tahlequah and have had my car since November (got it from Stilwell). There is at least one other one here in Tahlequah (white) and maybe another from what I have been hearing. greenwr (Bill) is also on the board here from Stillwater (red/white top). We have tried to get together a few times but just haven't been able to work it out time wise. Do you know any other bird owners in Tulsa - maybe since you have a special relationship with the dealership you might can find out who some of there other cars are going to. I heard at one time that they were auctioning off their spots with amounts over MSRP going to charity. Do you know if that is true?

Seeing all these other groups getting together around the country looks like fun. We will have to do it, too, some time soon. I belong to a Taurus SHO club there in Tulsa also. Your Cobra sounds great - I remember when they came out with that paint. Wasn't it supposed to cost about $50/ounce or something crazy like that.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

2K2Bird,

I can ask around and see what's up with the dealership. I gotta say that they have treated me extremely well. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I actually live right on the city limits between Broken Arrow and Bixby so I tool aroud there more than anywhere else in the area. I know there is a white bird in Bixby but it doesn't get out much. I've only seen it a couple of times. A friend swears that she sees a blue TBird on the creek nation tpk between B.A. and Muskogee. She works there and travels that road quite a bit.

The guys over at ford said they thought there were 5 in town not including mine. One red one that was bought in Illinois, one Neiman Marcus, two Black birds and the white one. I've never seen any of the others - just the white one.

It was GREENWR that turned me on to this board. I'd love to get together. Bill (GREENWR) told me that the T-Bird club meets every Saturday morning around 8:00 at Tippins in Tulsa for breakfast. You might think about doing that. I plan to show up Saturday (unless there's snow or rain) to see how it goes. Hope it's not like some of the mustang clubs that believe the last good mustang was built in 1969. LOL

The mystic paint is several hundred dollars per quart. As best as I can tell, a new paint job would run in the vicinity of $6K. Suffice it to say I try to stay out of harm's way with it.

I look forward to hooking up.

Freebird

-

-

freebird,

What {b]Goooood Luck[/b]. I think I have all the info I need except the rotation #. This can be found on one of the vin stickers located on the fenders(front/rear/left/right), hood, trunk lid and both doors. It is a 4 digit number positioned above the vin on one of the stickers, most have been found on the drivers side front fender in the engine compartment.

I have always wondered about the Mystic paint when it came time to do a repair. Have you ever had one done? I would think that matching would be very difficult if you did not have the original lot of paint.

I have seen 2 or 3 Mystic Cobras in the area and numerous slammed cars with the paint. It would make a great get away car, "Officer the car was green, no it wasn't, it was purple, I thought it was gold."
smile.gif

I figure any chance I ever had of winning the lottery is gone. Not a bad compromise though.

I'll find the rotation number tonight and get it to you.

The Mystic paint can't be feathered in so any damage requires that entire section, to a seam to be repainted.

The prior owner of the car put a Saleen wing on it a couple of years ago. It was painted and then put on the car. Matches perfectly.

FB

Jodrod, i don't know if you adding production numbers to the data base. Here is an addition for you the vin again is 1FAHP60A12Y106333, the production number is 6266, found on the left front fender.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Freebird,

Bill said that he was going to the T-Bird breakfast get together awhile back, but I never heard how well he was received. When I went to the Tulsa Auto Show last spring, I talked with some of the T-bird club guys - they were going on about how new t-bird buyers would be loosing so much money & that they should put the money in an old bird because they were appreciating, etc., etc. (trying to make themselves feel better, I guess). So I didn't know what their take on the new bird was now and if they would have open arms.

Did they build any Mustangs after '69? They probably built the best looking one that year anyway - I've always been partial the '69 Mach I.

Let me know how receptive the old bird guys are to us newbies.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

2k2bird - I agree about the Mustangs. Had a '69 while in college. I've had two newer Mustangs, but that was my favorite. Great looking from any angle! It was blue, but looked purple in some lighting. One of the top three cars for drawing compliments and stares.
#1 - The new Bird - hands down
#2 - '72 Monte Carlo, Mojave Gold with white top and white rally wheels, 400cid
#3 - '69 Mustang - 351cid

These are all smile-makers!
Chris

Jodrod -
Here's the data on my T:

VIN # - 101760
Delivered - - 10/28/01
Dest - CA
Ext - Black
Top - Black Premium