VINs/Dates/Deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jodrod:
I ordered my T-Bird on March 12.My dealer tells me that he only had one allotment but that he belives Ford will give him my car and the one my partner ordered on the same date.
Do you have any information on how the cars were allocated to each dealer?
Am I and my partner waiting in vain?
The dealer seams to be on the level is their any way I can find out if my order is on file with Ford?

Not trying to butt-in but, my dealer told me that dealersips that sell 500 or less vehicles per year will only recieve one Bird in 2002. Is this what other have been told?

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

gammonj,

Do you have your build/ETA dates and is your car a premium?

fortbirds,

The info supplied by 2K2BIRD is the first I have heard on how Ford chose allotments for dealers. Maybe someone else out there knows the formula.

VIN 6075 arrived at dealer yesterday. Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent. Car arrived at Amarillo dealer but is going to Houston. My Son-in-laws Dad has #2 car with exact same spec's, but dealer switched priorty #'s on #2 & #3 cars so #3 came in second. Reason, #3 car is for his daughter. Son-in-laws Dad was told all along that this was his car and he was really getting jazzed after waiting since Feb. 99. Today the my salesman has the unforchunate task of calling #2 customer and telling him what the dealer pulled and that he now has about another two month wait for his car to arrive. I can see the feathers flying now. I don't think it is going to be pretty. Dealer is selling at MSRP but not telling #2 that he was moved to #3 over a year ago is not the way to do business. I hope he doesn't lose his cool and cancel his order when he finds out today because as we all know he will not find another car at MSRP. Sorry for the story Jodrod but I had to vent.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

My salesman left a message last night saying my build date was 12/17 and it will be at the dealership 1/14....Just in time for my birthday. Best present yet.

VIN #8405 blue/blue premium. Dealership in Dade City Fl

800 # update as of this morning (12/13)

VIN# 106621
12/03 - released from plant
12/28 - ETA

Previous recordings have stated an ETA of 12/17, now its 11 days later. No Santa here.
Has any body else with an ETA of 12/17 been changed?

That's correct Jodrod. Change was made a year ago. Salesman even thought it was my son-in-laws Dad's car as they are spec'd identically. Salesman never paid attention to the stock# as he had to assume it was the #2 car. He found out a week ago about the switch. Sales Manager & Owner refuse to call customer, so salesman has to make the call today. My son-in-laws dad Manuel is going to be PO'd today.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Chris Wilson and I had lunch the other day and stopped at Betten Ford in Grand Rapids to check out a Bird in the showroom. It was bought at auction from a dealer in Canada (so no supplemental parking lamps) and is a White / White Deluxe with Full Red Accent. Hideous! The VIN # is 1FAHP60A22Y103375. While there, we got to see their first car of their allocation (they get 6). A Black / Black Premium with Full Black Accent, VIN #1FAHP60A12Y101388. Beautiful! If they weren't impossible to keep clean as a daily driver, I'd have black in a heartbeat!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium '02 (Waiting sort of patiently)
Yellow '76

Checked the 1800 number with the voice activated system...

Not much security behind the system...
Give it just about any dealer code and you can then inquire on any vehicle as long as you stay within the VIN# parameter.

The production schdule is on hold as of around 2Y107625. 2Y107620 is scheduled for production this week and 2Y107641 is on hold... Mine... Bummer... Maybe next week the list will be updated.. I beleive Thursdays is the day the list is updated.

Jodrod

Vin #101056 - Yellow/Yellow premium with full accent. Spotted this car leaving the auto auction in Houston, Texas and followed it to the Lonestar dealership ( aka Lawrence Marshall). Odometer showed 1800 miles and rear license frame indicated the car was delivered to Eastway Ford in Texas. Car on their preowned lot this morning at $51,995.00.

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Merry Christmas to me! My dealer called this morning and my black/black/black premium, 5689, was delivered late in the evening 12-12. The ETA had been 12-10 so it was pretty close. The plan is to pick it up tomorrow. It is going to be a great weekend.

Hobobob,

My guess on 8881 is 12/31/01 or 1/7/02 for a build week, I have 8647 and 9293 listed as week of 12/31 for build.

Also do you have the details (colors, interior type, top, premium/deluxe) for 8881 and the full VIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back