Very Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Thunderbird blue car with a performance white hardtop. I communicate each week with my Ford dealer because I handle his advertising; he's said nothing about the performance white top being discontinued. I think your salesman has probably misinformed you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by Norman:
I have a Thunderbird blue car with a performance white hardtop. I communicate each week with my Ford dealer because I handle his advertising; he's said nothing about the performance white top being discontinued. I think your salesman has probably misinformed you.

You are right.

I have a sales order with Blue/White placed on 3-1-02. I believe they never ordered the Blue/White. I think they are hoping that I would drop out. They show me the list of persons of which I am third. I suspect that there is a fourth person that prefers the all Blue. This is a nostalgia thing for me since I used to have a Blue/White (56) in 1962. I am very disapointed in this sales person.

hsiegl
mad.gif

-

INSIST that they get you the performance white hard top!!! that's what you ordered. and it's still available.

AND IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!

In your situation, I'd be inclined to put a call into Ford, or at least mention to the Ford dealership that you're planning to do this.

I'm sure Ford wouldn't be too happy about the dealer mis-representing their product.

Originally posted by jboriott:
In your situation, I'd be inclined to put a call into Ford, or at least mention to the Ford dealership that you're planning to do this.

I'm sure Ford wouldn't be too happy about the dealer mis-representing their product.

The saga continues,
Now I have too many choices. I did call FORD customer relations and got to speak to a person with very poor grasp of the English language. Using 20/20 hindsight I wish I would have selected Spanish instead of English when asked. It was that bad.

I do have a real Tbird prochure.
This guy tried to tell me that the reason the combination was not available was because the Blue does not come with a Whisper White top. The prochure only mentions the Performance White.
I hate talking to customer support illiterates.

Anyway, he eventually called the dealer after I repeatedly explained the issue with the Blue and white top. The next day the dealer showed me a printout showing that the Blue/White combination was rejected. In that case why did they not tell me soon after March,1 2002, when I placed the order?

Meanwhile I was shopping around and almost had a deal on an all Red premium and also a Yellow/Black. I am thinking of switching to the Yellow.
The Blue/White is definitely on order, they say but confirmation from Ford will not arrive for 2 weeks.

hsiegl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back