Very Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 3rd in line fot a Blue/White full accent. I just got a call from another dealer about a Red/Red full accent package for delivery next week. The salesman quoted 42,500. I told him I had one on order for MSRP. He came down to MSRP right away 39,450.

I also found another dealer 60 miles away that has 2 Blak/Black's and a Yellow/Black in stock. He wanted 39,760 for the yellow. I wonder why the Red one is cheaper. By the way, my dealer promised November 2001 pricing on mY Blue/White.

Should I wait for the Blue/White one I have on order? I think the later I get one the more likely that they will have all the bugs worked out. What do you guys think?

hsiegl

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by NuttyGambler:
My guess that price diff, is the diff between a partial and full interior package.

think it says both cars are full accent interiors - Maybe one is a delux and the other is a premium - wheel style difference??

Remember, Ford has increased MSRP twice - $250 & $200, if I am not mistaken. This is a likely answer if both are similarly equipped.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 235K

the original msrp for a premium with full accent interior & hardtop was 39795, the current is 40245 and there was an inbetween of 39995. Didn't keep track of the deluxe msrp but believe there is a thread somewhere on this site where jodrod - or now RTBRD - had it listed. I suspect the car is a deluxe model or the salesman is in a dealing mode.

I just found out that the Yellow/Black Tbird has a VIN of 06575. That means it was built way last year and has all the bugs in it including the transmission problem.

If the dealer would come clean and tell me that all problems were looked into and fixed, I would buy the car. They act like there is no problem. They got the car from a small dealer in Texas that had an allotment of two Tbirds per year.
They are selling 2 Black Tbirds over MSRP and the Yellow one at MSRP.

Help on this issue would be appreciated.

hsiegl

hsiegl, what ransmission problems are you refering to. i dount remember anything about that in prior posts. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

This board mentions transmission shift problems. Transmissions were assembled with the wrong valve body. Ford replaced many transmissions. Go to
groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/files/Problems/Problems.htm

Originally posted by Howlee:
hsiegl, what ransmission problems are you refering to. i dount remember anything about that in prior posts. John

-

-

sorry, I could only find 1 post of a transmission being replaced or even worked on and nothing about valve bodies being replaced. john

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

That Transmission Valve problem was on Lincoln LS's NOT T-Birds. It was posted as an update along with the stalling problem. There as only one problem with the early cars and that was taken care of well before that yellow bird was built.

Originally posted by hsiegl:
I am 3rd in line fot a Blue/White full accent. I just got a call from another dealer about a Red/Red full accent package for delivery next week. The salesman quoted 42,500. I told him I had one on order for MSRP. He came down to MSRP right away 39,450.

I also found another dealer 60 miles away that has 2 Blak/Black's and a Yellow/Black in stock. He wanted 39,760 for the yellow. I wonder why the Red one is cheaper. By the way, my dealer promised November 2001 pricing on mY Blue/White.

Should I wait for the Blue/White one I have on order? I think the later I get one the more likely that they will have all the bugs worked out. What do you guys think?

hsiegl
I haven't seen the blue with the white top do you have any photos or web site that I can see what it looks like, several people have told me it looks great

Originally posted by thenewtbird2:
the original msrp for a premium with full accent interior & hardtop was 39795, the current is 40245 and there was an inbetween of 39995. Didn't keep track of the deluxe msrp but believe there is a thread somewhere on this site where jodrod - or now RTBRD - had it listed. I suspect the car is a deluxe model or the salesman is in a dealing mode.
I just received a call from my deater that after 14 months my t-bird has finally gone into production. That was when he advised that it would cost 5,000 over list. When I originally ordered the car Ford hadn't released the price yet. However when I confirmed the accent package he did show me the price on his printout, Is there any recourse?

IAA,
Yes, tell your dealer to keep the car, and start shopping. There are dealers selling at MSRP. Check the main page on this discussion group for deals on T-Birds. After a shady deal like he gave you I wouldn't buy anything from him. Please let the group know the name of this dealer so we can tell people not to buy from him. How did you order a car without making a deal on the price? Didn't you sign some kind of agreement at that time?

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

-

Originally posted by laa:

hsiegl
I haven't seen the blue with the white top do you have any photos or web site that I can see what it looks like, several people have told me it looks great

My dealer just informed me that I will get the last 2002 Tbird available to him. He also stated that the car will be all Blue. The white top is no longer produced.

Also the price on the Red Tbird does not have any accent package. It is all black inside. That dealer lied to me or pretended to have hearing problems. These dealers will do anything to get you in the showroom.

I am about to be second in line for the Blue one and it will arrive in July. I hope it has VIN #25000.

hsiegl

hsiegl
visit my website for photos of blue with white top - I have one on order and expect it to be built &
delivered to me within the next 8 weeks. http://www.geocities.com/thenewtbird/index.html
Your dealer or salesman is all wet if he's telling you that a white top is no longer made. He's probably
afraid that you won't like the car with a white top and doesn't want to have it on the showroom floor if you
decide against it - little does he know how popular that color is..
Production on the 2002's is predicted to end in September so you won't be close to the end if you stick
with that dealer or salesman?

He can still order a blue with white top for you if you are getting his last car. He can still change the
order if the car has not been vinned yet and it probably hasn't if he's not expecting it until July - they're
still "vinning" cars that will be built this month - with 3 1/2 more months of production left. Cars vinned
this month will be built this month or early June and delivered by early July

-

My dealer just informed me that I will get the last 2002 Tbird available to him. He also stated that the car will be all Blue. The white top is no longer produced.

Also the price on the Red Tbird does not have any accent package. It is all black inside. That dealer lied to me or pretended to have hearing problems. These dealers will do anything to get you in the showroom.
hsiegl

I think your dealer also lied to you about their not producing any more white hardtops. What color do you think they'll use for Whisper White cars with the hardtop? There is a good picture of the blue+white combination in the newtbirddata new rides album. That's what Dot has on order and that's why she uses it as her site's logo.

-

tr,

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Whisper White is the same white that others are getting for their blue, black, red, or yellow birds.

bornagain,
you are correct - there are 2 different whites, whisper white for the whisper white cars and performance white for the other color cars but that does not change the outlook on getting the white
top with a blue car - it is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back