Upgraded floor mats | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Upgraded floor mats

• Thread starter Thread starter 03 Tbird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted a comment about getting upgraded floor mats and how great they were.

I have a Bird on order but the dealer knows nothing about upgraded mats. (I ordered every option that I could get.)

Does anyone have info on this??????

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The upgraded mats are not an option on the car. They must be purchased separtely through the Ford Parts Department.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Thanks guys.
I'm going to order and use the upgraded mats and keep the factory mats safe for when I see the car in 30 years.

biggrin.gif
03 Tbird, that's one way to look at it, but here in Pa.things can get s little sloppy in the winter so I'm using the factory mats for my winter mats and the GOOD ones will be my summer mats.Have done this with all my cars for years.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Maybe for the sloppy weather you will want to consider the vinyl mats from Ford. Although I think, from the picture, the logo is only on the driver's mat.

Just what we need, a third set of mats to keep stored. LOL

-

loverbey - Ford also offers a deep style black rubber mat with a Thunderbird logo on them. They are a couple of bucks cheaper than the carpeted logo mats. I am sort of an old-timer, and want something to protect the carpet, not just another piece of carpet to have to take care of. As a result, for everyday use I always replace original equipment carpet mats with rubber ones for every day.

I like these mats very well. The logo is just molded in and not painted. I am keeping my eyes open for a rubber paint available in the turquoise color. No luck yet. I assume any other type of paint would just come off when the mats are flexed, or sprayed off at the car wash.

Rubber - # 1W6Z 7613086 AA $47.08
Carpet - # 2W6Z 7613086 AAA $53.50

Chris

go to ebay serch 2002 thunderbird, some one has a pair with picture for $84.00, they also have a trunk mat, I think I paid $56.00 for my floor mats from my dealer. price could have gone up, you can do a serch on this forum and find the part number, I posted it from the box but do not have the box any more. they look great, and add alittle something. I did not know about the trunk mat.

Go to the Ford website. Under the T-Bird accessories you should find them. I have the front mats which have the logo sideways, facing the door when you open it. Larger than the original and better.

Since little 'red' doesn't go out in bad weather, and is parked in the garage at home and at work, I'm not too concerned about the mats getting dirty.

My 40th anniversary edition '95 Thunderbird goes out in the bad weather. Since day one, I've had clear plastic mats over the 40th anniversary logo mats that came with the car. I've replaced them a few times, but well worth it.

if you like the floor mats, you'll like the trunk mat, too with the t-bird logo just like the floorboard. it only covers the lower portion of the trunk. adds a nice touch to an already hot car.

02 wisper white/black premium
66 mustang coupe
88 bmw 325i conv.
02 expedetion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back