Number of 1978s with bucket seats/floor shifter

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had a 1978 Tbird back in the 80s.

It had bucket seats, console,and floor shifter.

When I look for a bird to buy, they all have column shift! Im wondering how rare this option was? How many were made? Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've never seen one like that. More than likely a low production number.

I had a 1978 Tbird back in the 80s.

It had bucket seats, console,and floor shifter.

When I look for a bird to buy, they all have column shift! Im wondering how rare this option was? How many were made? Thank you.
I can't give you numbers. But I'm sure it's low. Ive seen a few for sale, and as you might know, the Ranchero, Cougar, Torino all used the same seats and floor shift set-up. A few years ago I was able to find everything out of a parts car. even the right color. So, they are out there!

Yes, I too owned a '78 Bird with bucket seats and console w/ floor shifter back in the mid 80's..... I bought it used from a Ford dealer for $2999. and it was about 5 years old with 55k on it, at the time I bought it, I thought they all came with floor shift/console.....But everyone I looked at in through the years always has column shift and bench seats.........through the years someone told me that my '78 Bird was like a MN-12 sport of the day and always came stripped of options, which does make sense, mine had crank windows, AM/FM radio, no cassette, no cruise control........It's one of those cars I still miss today.........I traded it and my '78 LTD II Sport in on a '85 GT in 1987.......

Back