Two Tone Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Last seen
Anyone have any actual pictures of bird with red body and white top or black body with white top? If so could you post them. Still cannot decide on my color and my car is coming up for production in a couple of months. thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you get your hands on the brochure, on the first page it has a black with a white top. I think it is very classy. As a matter of fact i will be looking to trade someone my black hard top for a white one (anyone interested?)
By the way if you can't get a brochure I have seen them on Ebay for a couple of dollars. If you can hold out for the NY auto Show I'm sure you can get them there also. My scanner is broken, and my digital camera is at work but I will bring it home tomorrow and maybe I can take a good picture of the brochure and post it.

-

-

this link also shows a red with white hard top. (click on the smaller picture to get a larger one.)
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=3699&sid=183&n=157

my opinion--> i REALLY like the 2-tone cars. mine is black with a silver hard top and it looks beautiful. i like the white hard top with any of the colors, but especially on the blue or yellow.

from seeing the cars for sale on e-bay, it seems that most have the same-colored hard tops. having a different color might make your car more rare in the future.

CTBob:

I got black with a white top. It was with some trepidation - I never had a black car before and I thought all black might be too much so I decided to "take a chance" and go with a white top. I figured I could always have the top painted black later if I hated it.

As I waited almost 1 year for the TBird, I collected various magazine articles about it. I was dismayed reading the one in Road & Track which compared a black & white TBird to a highway patrol car! Great, I'm going to look like Broderick Crawford in a rerun of Highway Patrol! (OK I'm I'm dating myslef here but they WERE reruns when I saw them.)

Well my fears about having made a wrong decision disappeared when I saw the car. This is obviously a personal taste, but I think the car looks GREAT & I am very pleased with it. Plus I have gotten lots of positive comments from passers by.

Of course this is just my 2 cents - and it probably isn't worth that - buy what you like & I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I think the red & white would be awesome also.

Tom M

I have a black with a silver top NM.
I also think it looks like a highway patrol car.
But like Tom M, I get many positive comments with the top and most like it much better with the hard top over the soft top.

The contrasting colors were the rule in the 50's rather than the exception. Two tone is more retro and for that thumbs up for any two tone combination.

I've mentioned this before, but having switched tops on my red & black model cars, I am seriously thinking of painting my black top red. I know the black car can't be ordered with a red top, but with the full red interior, it really looks great. Anyone have a comment?

Oh goodie another chance to blow my horn on my yellow with white! I love mine, and did have nervious feelings ordering that way in January 2000, with no idea of what it would look like. Much more "retro" looking which is what I wanted.

Repainting... Interesting point does my window sticker say the top is white? Will have to look into that.

NOTE: I DO NOT LIKE IT WITH THE PAINTED WHEELS. Need the chrome wheels to offset the bright on top to the bottom.

DavidA - yes, I agree on your color thought. I think Ford should have offered the other color interiors with matching tops for the black & the white cars.. Think red is an outstanding color with black particularly red top with the red & black interior.

NuttyGambler - I also agree that the chrome wheels look better with the yellow cars with white tops. The white top needs that balance of brightness.

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

-

Tom M, I think the black car with a red top and a red inter. would look great, I still like my blue but the red and black combo for the bird sound great.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Well,A semi-local dealer has a Red with Black top and that looks very nice too.This very simple ability to interchange tops gives the car a very easy ability to be personalized without major effort.

InfernoRed
smile.gif

I've posted a picture of my black model with the red hardtop installed. I'm thinking of painting mine the same way, or trying to arrange a trade. What do you think? Be Honest
tongue.gif
Blackwith Red

-

different, but i wouldn't do it. Of course my preference is blue, so what do i know.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

DavidA, looks great, BUT, just my opion, how about painting the car with a red bottom and a black top. Did one like this when I was a kid putting models together back in the late 50's. Anyway, it does look really good.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Gobird: just to clarify, I meant I'm thinking of painting my REAL top red to go with my REAL Black Car. It's a HUGE move, so I need opinions. However, just out of curiosity, where would you paint the lower portion of the car? Do you mean from the 'cut' line down?

-

DavidA - I posted on another thread some time ago that I have seen a black Miata with a red top, and I thought it was great.

If you have the red interior accent, I do think the Torch Red top would look very nice. My only reservation is that the TBird red (in my opinion) has a slight orange cast to it, whereas the Miata top was a dark true red. However, if your interior is black, you are free to select any red you like.

If you are unsure I agree that you should meet someone with a red car in your area, and swap tops to be sure. The change would certainly make your car more unique.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back