Tweetybird | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Tweetybird

• Thread starter Thread starter TWEETYBIRD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Does anyone know if there was any cutaway pictures or illustrations of any of
the model years, 2002-2005, T-Birds such as are shown for the new retro
Mustangs dealer brosures?
Simon

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks Quickdraw,
I'm beginning to think Ford did't really promote these T-Birds, 02-05, as they
should have or I'm I alone in thinking this? I haven't seen a 2002 sales brochure but have the 03 and 04/05. The 03 is fair but last ones are as if
whomever was asigned to do the job didn't have their heart in it. Then again
I like my 03 Bird so much that I just maby expected more from Ford.
TWEETYBIRD 😕

Tweedy
Correct, they did a horrible job promoting the "New Birds". But then again, they only planned on building 100,000 so it was probably was not worth their while to promote it.

I have brochures; One 2002, One 2003, and 2004, 2 different ones (by date issued) and a special promotional one that's even different from the other two. Finally I have one 2005 as well as a special promotional one that was mailed to me, different than the one at the dealers. Both of these have the Bronze colored car on front. Interesting to note, that I haven't seen any brochures where the Neiman Marcus, Inca Gold or the Cashmere are mentioned.

George,
Thanks for your input and I wanted to mention that if you or any other T-Bird
person is intrested, thanks again to Quickdraw, Amazon has the hardcover
02 T-Bird book by Michael Lamm, used but in new condition, for $2.25 plus
shipping, which is more than the price of the book @$3.49.
Just hope the book is interesting.
TWEETY 😀

TWEETYBIRD said:
George,
Thanks for your input and I wanted to mention that if you or any other T-Bird
person is intrested, thanks again to Quickdraw, Amazon has the hardcover
02 T-Bird book by Michael Lamm, used but in new condition, for $2.25 plus
shipping, which is more than the price of the book @$3.49.
Just hope the book is interesting.
TWEETY 😀

Thats a good book - lots of photos - I think its so cheap now because Ford ordered a zillion of them and gave them out all over the place. Two-three years ago the book was about $30 at ebay.

Jim Youngs was the Thunderbird Project manager and he admitted he was severly constrained in the marketing money alloted to him to promote the car.

It's a great book! I bought one and won two, so I gave the two away as prizes at our Spring car show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back