touch up paint | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

touch up paint

• Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I was just wondering if any of you have had to use any touch up paint on your birds? We have an '02 Thunderbird Blue Bird and my wife just noticed a couple of places that need a touch up. Nothing major. I called two Ford dealers in my area and both said they don't have it and it's not available anywhere. Bummer! I checked out Thunderbird Concepts and they have it so I ordered a bottle from them. I'm just wondering how close it will match the original color. Jim

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jim:
Another supplier is Dr Colorchip. Some say it covers the chip without leaving a blob of paint in the area of the chip.
Dr Coplorchip provides a finer tipped brush and the paint is thinner than other touch up paints. One owner suggested that after you apply the paint and let it dry for about a minute, that you use a cloth and cleaner fluid, that is in the kit, to wipe the excess paint from the touch up area. At this point, the paint is dry but still soft and the excess will come off if you don't rub too much.

Let us know how the one you bought works out for you

So Jim, how did you make out😕

ford touch up paint

Several months ago I bought Ford flame red touch up paint for my 03. It covered just fine, but I have to remember to shake it before applying or else I won't get a match. 2nd, your right about wiping off a bit with a clean rag. I get a bubble if I don't. The problem is when to wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back