Touch up paint | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Touch up paint

• Thread starter Thread starter tennistm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I believe you should start with a Ford or Lincoln dealership that has a body shop as part of there dealership - Just a suggestion, and asking costs nothing.🙂

BUT, before you buy paint see this posting I made for you:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tim,

I wrote this little help guide on our website with all the paint codes and some details on getting the paint job done.

Check it out here;

-Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a quick reference to the write-up; (the paint codes are on the site though)

We have listed these 2002 2003 2004 and 2005 Ford Thunderbird paint codes for you, our valued customer, to reference when necessary. We would like to suggest that if you are doing a paint job cover up on a metallic paint, such as the Thunderbird Blue, that you do the research and find a really good painter that has many years of experience with spraying metallic paints. We had painters here at Thunderbird Concepts for the first year we made the Roadster Tonnneau and went through just about every detail when it comes to matching the metallic Thunderbird colors. It is a technique that relies on many factors including the distance the painter sprays or the amount of time the painter sprays. It's these simple little details that make a difference in the paints metallic color hue appearance. If it's spayed to heavy, it can come out too dark, etc. We don't want to scare you out of getting a paint job or cover up. To make sure that your Ford Thunderbird paint color comes out correctly, we suggest that you make sure that your Ford Thunderbird is present for the painter to color match your Ford Thunderbird's color. We hope that this little note will help you get the paint job or cover up you deserve!

Happy Tbirding,

Aaron Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back