Tire situation | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Tire situation

• Thread starter Thread starter yrbamje
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yrbamje

Reaction score
Well, I have a new one for everybody. My wife, in the 05 , had a tire blow out. She got AAA to change it and then she drove to the Ford dealer to have it replaced. (We had bought it there and it had only 6K miles on it.)
Guess what the tech said? He said that the warranty (michelin 55K miles) would not be honored because he, the tech, couldn't tell what caused the blowout. (As a point of reference, the tire had 5 big holes in the side wall and a couple of 3 inch chunck also.)
We couldn't believe this! He said if it had a puncture or some other things he named that the wife cannot remember, he could have gotten the manufacturer to honor the warranty.
Has anyone ever heard of anything like that?
I wanted th tellthe wife to bring the tire home, but forgot and now it's gone forever.
The tech did say he had never seen anything like that and that she probably had a low tire and she drove it with the low tire.
Just thought you would all be interested!!!
Jim

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

if the tire had "road hazard" warranty that had not expired according to the terms of the warranty papers that came with the car, they should have warrantied the tire based on tread wear. i like to log on this site from time to time to re-inforce my conviction to never buy another ford. in the future i reccommend going over the tech's head. demand to see the owner. the disgusting thing about one is it wasn't even going to come out of their pocket.

I guess the reason we went back to the dealer is that is where we had boiught the tire.
I wanted the wife to go to the management, but she said the heck with it, we'll go somewhere else in the future. We already go to the Lincoln dealer for engine type stuff, so we'll go to a tire store from now on. All my other cars inthe past we have dealt with the Big 10 tire co.
Anyway, goodbye ford dealer.

My advice? Go with Les Shwab. I know that seems really stereotypical, but if you know what you are doing with cars, you can just tell them what you want, and they'll usually just do it. Most places are pretty honest, but watch out for the few that aren't. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back