Thunderbird Deluxe | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Thunderbird Deluxe

• Thread starter Thread starter Samuel Davis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Okay....I just answered the other post so read that as well & answer it.

Well hey, why don't you post a thread asking that question and we'll get it answered for you? 🙂

The filter is behind the drivers side front wheel. With the wheel removed you have easy access to the back half of the fender liner. There are 5 plastic plugs that hold this in place. Remove all 5 plugs and then pull the rear half of the liner from the wheel well.You can now see the fuel filter bolted to the wheel well.

Replacing Fuel Filter

Were you succesful in replacing your fuel filer? My 04, 38K has been running rough lately and my first attempt to correct the issue will be to repace the fuel filter. Estimates have been running around $90, but I'd rather fix it myself if possible.

When I changed the fuel filter on my Mercury Sable, I had to disconnect the fuel pump fuse and start the car until it died. This removes all the pressure in the line, otherwise I would have had a huge mess. You should get some detailed instructions before attempting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back