Thunder on 66 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony,

I know you get alot of E-Mails but, I'm confused. Are we geting to LA on the 20th or the 21st? I made reservations for the 20th but it can be changed to the 21st.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Roger-

We'll be in LA on the 21st-and we'll be spending two nights(the 19th and 20th) in Williams, AZ, so we can take a day excursion to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon aboard the Grand Canyon Railway. If you haven't done this, they use a steam engine for the trip-we are currently setting up to use a train just for the Thunder participants.

------------------

Or how bout a day trip to Vegas.
smile.gif

Note the handle. Sorry.

All of the info is now available at the Thunder on 66 group:
http://groups.*********/group/thunderon66/

It is all in pdf format, so you will need Acrobat 5 in order to view the files.

------------------

I'm scratching the idea of the side trip to the canyon, BTW-would cost $200 per person for the trip. So we'll spend a half-day in Williams, and the next day we'll take the old 66 up through Peach Springs and Hackberry, then stay that night in Kingman.

------------------

For anyone who is interested in Route 66 stuff, whether doing Thunder on 66 or not, www.sandidesigns.com has Route 66 apparel, purses, etc. This is the popular heavy-duty upholstery-type fabric with popular Route 66 icons, lodging, signs, early Bird & Corvette, etc. I am not affiliated with them, just purchased a purse from them for my wife and thought it would tie in with this topic.

We also have a big chair & footstool in the same fabric, drink coasters, clock with 60's cars, mugs, light switch plates, etc. I'm sort of into Route 66.

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

-

Don't go and buy merchandise just yet-we have goody bags being provided by Hemmings and Route 66 Magazine, all of which will have tie-ins to 66-one of you lucky people will receive a nice little door prize in Adrian-a full set of commemorative License Plates from each state that 66 goes through, all autographed by Martin Milner.

If you were wondering where the fees for Thunder are going, most of the funds are going to provide some very special gifts for everyone making the trip, whether you do the full thing or not.

We're going to have a lot of fun on this one-I'm glad everything worked out for doing this event!

------------------

Tony, Let me be the first to say THANK YOU. You have done one heck of a job so far. If you don't get some reward for this, I would be surprised. You certainly have my deepest admiration for putting this together. I can't wait to buy you a drink on the 13th.

As long as it is a pepsi! LOL

Seriously-I stopped drinking over 15 years ago-I come from a long line of alcoholics, and I spent over 6 months during my time in the Navy drying out.

------------------

Tony,

Sent my app out in yesterdays mail. It should be great fun! Haven't seen anything from you yet for the items we discussed. My designer is coming up with a few ideas, but if you can provide something with the actual Route itself, that would be helpful.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium '02 (Waiting sort of patiently)
Yellow '76

Tip-I'm working on the songs I have found so far-BTW-I found a long version of Makin Thunderbirds by Seger that I will probably use for the Screensaver, and a great version of the Route 66 theme done by Chuck Berry.

Back to Thunder-

Made a change back-we will now be traveling to the Grand Canyon after all-Paul Taylor worked with the hotels in Williams to get us taken care of, and they are now helping with setting up a trip to the Canyon. The entrance fee will be $20 per car, and we are working on getting a lot set up for parking the vehicles together.

------------------

Tony,

Sounds like the people in the home office have been busy, recieved my **** package in the mail yesterday. Next step is to contact the local chapter. First time I have seen The Scoop, nice output, not at all what I was expecting. Lon's Bird looks good on the cover.

Thanks Jodrod. I took several pictures for Tony but used the wrong ISO film and shot them at the wrong time of day, straight up noon. Tony and his crew did a good job of making the picture look better.

I am defenitely not a Paula when it comes to writing stories but was wondering if you thought the story was interesting.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Thanks for the comments about the Scoop! My wife and I take care of the rough-out copy, then we have a lady in NY who does the pre-press mechanicals and from there they go to a regular printshop. What everyone sees is a result of two months of work for Ron, Ginny, Deb and I.

------------------
**********, **************************

VicRattlehead, are you the same Keith Deluca that had a site on chicagoland thunderbirds back around the first of last year. If so that was the first site I found on the new Bird and followed it for quite a while till I found BON. We then all went over to this site. At the time it was the only thing I could fine on line that talked about the 02 Bird. Thanks

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

yea this is me. i just found this site last night. i dont like it much because you all have '02 birds or are waiting for delivery and all i have is 1:18th scale models of them
frown.gif
I really really want an 02 bird but it isnt going to be happining any time soon
frown.gif

glad i found this site. yall seem like a nice group of tbirders. hope you dont mind an introuder.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

Keith,

I, for one, welcome anyone interested in the new Birds. I am in a situation similar to yours - I want one very badly, have models, literature, etc., but don't forsee being able to buy one in the near future. I have purchased raffle tickets, but haven't won one - YET! As has been mentioned in another thread, the more interested people there are exchanging constructive ideas and information, the better the overall experience we may all enjoy!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 227K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back