Thunder on 66 Itinerary and changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tony

Got the package in the mail this weekend. I know that I cannot take the entire trip
frown.gif
but am going to do my best to be in Chicago to meet all my new friends before they begin the trip.

I have been slowly bringing the idea up with my wife of the trip. Our car is being purchased as a weekend car only and we would not want to roll up the miles on it.

We are considering buying a used t-bird specifically for the trip, then selling it when we get to CA. The prices for cars in OH with low miles could result in a profit or break even after the trip.

Tony,

Could you add me to your mailing list?

TJBird-

Email me with your address and I'll send you a packet.

Also, rather than buying a used Bird in Ohio, I have another idea how you can attend thwe run and help me out.

I have two vans being provided by Ford Media Operations for use in carrying backup parts and supplies for emergency repairs that can be handled by members. Would you be willing to drive one?

------------------

BTW, Folks-

I now have seven confirmed reservations for the run in August-my goal is to start out with 70 Thunderbirds in Chicago.

------------------

OMG now you say something!!! I would love to but the TBird seems to be winning out at this end. I do hate missing this on two wheels. (in distress) Joy

Joy: I didn't mean to oput you in distress
frown.gif
but I have to confess, we're going through the same thing here. Right now, the Bike is winning, but .....................

OK Joy-now you'll have a big decision to make-

I'm thinking that with Katie driving her car, once she hits LA, she'll either have to ship her car back and fly, or drive back-so my thought is to put her with a club member for the drive to LA from Chicago. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to place her with you.

------------------

OK-

Anyone else on this board coming from the east coast or midwest that would like to have Katie as a passenger?

------------------

Originally posted by Birdman93:
I'm thinking that with Katie driving her car, once she hits LA, she'll either have to ship her car back and fly, or drive back-so my thought is to put her with a club member for the drive to LA from Chicago.

And I'm thinking - where's all her luggage going to go?

I'd love to have Kaite as a passenger. I watch her every morning. My wife will be flying back so I would be driving alone. Oh, if only you (or she) were serious!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium '02 (Waiting sort of patiently)
Yellow '76

I was looking for a navigator and would be happy to have Katie ride shotgun.

Tony, I am still waiting for the package. Count me in with a guest for the whole trip. I do hope that at the dinner there will be a way for us to identify all of us on this board.

I am on a different computer this weekend. I hope that doesn't screw you up.

Tony, my mistake. In my excitement about riding with Katie, I misread your post. I'll just tell my wife that she can't go! Ha, Ha!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium '02 (Waiting sort of patiently)
Yellow '76

If someone comes up with a logo that can be used by the folks here, I'll put them on the Tees were making.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back