Thinking about purchasing a 2003 Hard Top | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Thinking about purchasing a 2003 Hard Top

• Thread starter Thread starter MagicFen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Fen, there are some adjustments you can make at the header. Many have added QAA stainless strips which helps tighten up the rear area as well

Fen, there are some adjustments you can make at the header. Many have added QAA stainless strips which helps tighten up the rear area as well

Also check, Kelly Blue Book, on that price before you buy

03 tbird hardtop

Fen,

I have the QAA SS strips under my hardtop and they really make a big difference. The price sounds about right for a really clean premium 03 bird. I bought mine a year ago for $26,000 with 16,000 miles. Try to determine if the car has been driven regularly. Mine was in storage for over a year and the storage issue has caused some problems with the transmission and power steering. Also, find out if she has an extended warranty you can assume.

Enjoy that great car,

Jim

Extended warenty

Last august when i bought my 2002 as soon as i registered it i got offers for extended warenties. Yes i got one. Good to 100,000 miles or 7 more years. Bunper to bumper with a $50 deductable.

Let us know what you decide😎

Hey Steve, I sure would like to know who I might get warranty coverage for my 02 from. If you could send me a pm I'll owe you one. When I bought the wifes 03, warranty papers were in the glove box, valid through Dec. 08 all paid for at purchase. A 50.00 transfer fee is all it cost, with the signature of the previous owner. I asked if they would cover the 02 and they said they only go through dealers.

warranty

Hey Steve, I sure would like to know who I might get warranty coverage for my 02 from. If you could send me a pm I'll owe you one. When I bought the wifes 03, warranty papers were in the glove box, valid through Dec. 08 all paid for at purchase. A 50.00 transfer fee is all it cost, with the signature of the previous owner. I asked if they would cover the 02 and they said they only go through dealers.

Mine came from: Dealer Warranty Services, 3710 Mueller Rd, St Charles, Mo 63301 Phone # 800-940-4199. Mine was rather expensive ($2261) but I figure with all the electronics on board just one fix will almost pay for it. They do have a 30 day and 1000 miles from purchase date before coverage takes place. It is good to 100,000 miles or 7 years. Mine expires on 09/25/2013. Hope this helps.

Bought it!

After really looking at the values through KBB, Edmunds, NADA - I offered 22K, she countered and we agreed on 22.5K. I pick the car up on Thursday. I appreciate all the responses and feel welcomed to this board. Looking forward to additional posts and of course - cruising. This will be my first Ford since I bought a lemon Ranger back in 1981 and swore I would never buy Ford again. I've been a Chrysler guy for years...'01 300M is my "standard" car now. But I always loved the look of these newer T-Birds and when this opportunity came by, there was no hesitation.

Has anyone experienced leaking when using the soft-top? I live in OR, and rain is certainly an issue at certain times of the year.

also - I'm concerned about chips and bugs...Recommended front end mask (bra) for the vehicle?

Fenner

Fen, it sounds like a reasonable deal.
You usuallly can expect slight leaks on one side or the other of the header. Possibly readjust the top
Any hardtop?? Be sure to get the hardtop tool from the seller. If so put that on in the winter or rainy season
I have the Ford bra and really like it with the TBird wings on front. Some get the invisible bra, no hassle taking on/off but more expensive.

Check for the books, CD for HT install and anything else they may have. It's always harder to go back and ask. Check the spare and for jack etc.

Hey Fen, I hope your tbird experience is trouble free. However the technology on these cars is cutting edge, and rather new, and some of us have had minor problems, and a few perhaps more serious ones. If you do have a problem, it will probably have a simple remedy, and someone on site here will probably be able to direct you toward a resolution. But the upside is the car is so much fun to drive, that you shouldn't worry about problems but enjoy it. I liked mine so much I bought my wife one (to keep her out of mine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back