The "other" place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
To those that want to know why I'm not at the other place anymore the answer is "I quit". Anything else you hear is a lie. Simply PM me your email address and I’ll send you every single communication between the moderators and myself from Friday 3pm right up to today. Its six pages long but after reading it no one could blame me for quitting. Anyone at the other place that says I was suspended "according to the rules" just doesn't know what they are talking about. The rules say TWO warnings earn a one week suspension. In five days of email exchanges not one moderator could tell me where the second warning came from. I was suspended because they say it's theirs, they can do whatever they want, and they don’t have to explain anything to me.

True, they did send a (undeserved) warning Saturday morning telling me "one more violation of the TOS" and I would be suspended for a week. I wrote back that they "couldn't fire me because I quit". They replied "Perfect, thank you." Apparently quitting is a TOS violation because that’s all the communication we had before I found out I was suspended, preventing access to information I wanted to retrieve from saved PMs.

I bring value to whatever I participate in and the six-page chronology (I'll send to anyone that asks) listed my unique contributions, most of which are unknown to the general membership. I'll bring that value here in the future, maybe not immediately, but over time there will be "firsts" and "exclusives" right here at the Forum.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I’ve been asked to condense the six pages of communication to one or two core issues. Visitors from the dictatorship might ask for an explanation for this one because the moderators can’t seem to answer it with anything except "because we can".

Saturday morning at 9:34 I got a warning, the first and only warning I have ever received up to this moment:

Blkmustang wrote:
[Excerpt – entire message available upon request]
“Please be additionally advised that any further public postings of this nature, or other violations of our standards, will result in a second warning, plus a one-week suspension of your TBF service.

I wrote back to him at 9:41 Saturday;
[Entire message - 6 words]
“you can’t fire me, I quit”

Blkmustang wrote back at 2:10pm Saturday:
[Entire message – 3 words]
“perfect, thank you”

That was ALL the communication I had with them, nothing else. Then Sunday morning I went to retrieve info from my PMs and discover I’m locked out, suspended!!!

Where was the second violation? The only thing I said was I quit, was that my TOS violation??????

Please ask one of the Gestapo to point to the second violation. Even the first warning was unjustified but this should be an easy question for them to answer. Where is Quickdraws SECOND VIOLATION????

Here is a "nice" email he sent me. BTw, I edited out the "F" word, he spelled it out clearly.

One of the guys from Atlanta also called my business pretending to be a reporter.

received: from rwcrmhc52.attbi.com [216.148.227.88] by mail.websiteworld.com with ESMTP
Received: from justinpc ([12.255.172.149]) by rwcrmhc52.attbi.com
(InterMail vM.4.01.03.27 201-229-121-127-20010626) with SMTP
id <20020825062704.OCOW1186.rwcrmhc52.attbi.com@justinpc>
for <biddle@websiteworld.com>;Message-ID: <017701c24c00$6f005940$6801a8c0@justinpc>
To: "Mike Biddle" <biddle@websiteworld.com>
References: <009301c24bfb$d4777bf0$6801a8c0@justinpc> <019f01c24bfd$3af63be0$9eb39f18@websiteworld> <00c101c24bfe$38bad560$6801a8c0@justinpc> <01b801c24bff$20264d80$9eb39f18@websiteworld>
Subject: Re:

Go fu&k yourself...Ive given it enough of a chance to cool down.

Everyone of your threatening and harrassing emails has been submitted to
your ISP. You have continuously violated their terms of service, and they
can take the responsibility for you now as one of there clients.

This was the real winner email:

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Sprague [mailto:blckmustnggt@***************.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 2:44 AM
To: tom@tom******.com
Subject: Tom

Hi tom, this may seem a bit weird but please read. My name is Justin and i am the owner of a thunderbird website. It looks as though you host your website with Website World, owned by Mike Biddle. If im correct then i have the right person.

Heres the problem. Mike has had a problem with me ever since i designed a thunderbird site and most of his members left and joined mine. Since then he has harrassed the members, until we filed legal action against him last year. Well in the past week we have had a few problems on the site and of coarse this brought biddle back to stir stuff up again. Unfortunately he registered on the site in your name! His username for the forums is tom*****. After posting an innapropriate posting... i checked the profile of the user indicated and a link pointed to your site leading me to believe it was legit. However today i have found out that he was spamming the members of the site through his account trying to get members to rejoin his site.

Heres the thing that i found out. Biddle registered an email address under your account as well. tomfarris@tom******.com is the one that he is using and registered with on the site. Clearly he setup the account because he needed to respond to an email before joining. Im strictly just warning you, but again am advising that you look into it. He is using your information as a customer to solicit illegal emails through a website which he was banned legally from viewing last year.

Thanks for your time.

Justin

With that said, now we see why privacy is important. It's quite obvious these folks will stop at nothing. :-( Contacting my customer was going over the edge. The guy is "weird" just like he says himself in his own email.

My FAVORITE part of that was his remark "Im strictly just warning you." It's that power trip the whole Mod Squad is on. I wonder how long tom***** will have to stand in the corner to redeem himself? I'll bet that kid has issued more warnings than any cop you could name.

Power corrupts. They answer to no one. Wouldn't you think that of all the empty nesters to visit here ONE of them could have brought the answer to "Where's Quickdraws second violation?"

They claim to have rules when in fact they only have a list of things they don't like. One of the rules they claim to have is "two warnings and you are suspended" but I will send anyone that asks the entire email exchanges between the Mod Squad and myself. I was suspended after only one warning, and that one warning came 14 hours after I quit. When I quit I had ZERO warnings. I think quitting is a TOS violation. It's run kind of like the mafia where you can't quit.

The big push now is to "Lets hold hands and talk about our cars." Whenever I see those comments by one of the Mod Squad I think of Hitler’s men creating a diversion so the sheep look the other way and not see people getting loaded into rail cars for a one-way trip.

Last edited:
One "rule" you will never see...

One "rule" you'll never see over there:

"Conduct unbecoming a Moderator" lol....

Speaking of the other place.... Isn't life grand.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that was "payback" from the Almighty for a certain someone playing "God."

I've been doing IT stuff since 1989. I've NEVER seen a site moved so many times from server to server. It's like the internet version of traveling gypsies. I've also never seen so many posts about losing data, etc. Sounds like they know just enough to be dangerous. I guess I was there too, it was just a long time ago.

aahhh...this explains why I have been unable to access that site all day!

It's interesting the same person listed as the registrant aka owner of the domain on "the other site" also has an "adult videochat" site.

http://www.whois.sc/cu-central.com

It's interesting the same person ~~~~ also has an "adult videochat" site.
Interesting as opposed to surprising?

TBird & Quickdraw
I may me a little dense, but what is all this about?? Seems like a joke to me but I am not in the know and need guidance.
Help if you can or want to. Can even send me PM.
Thanks
DENNIS AKA MIDAS

Sophia, I PMd and offered to send him the whole six pages of email exchanges between the "God Squad" and me. Basically Its about a power hungry kid that gets his kicks by bossing adults around. The squad owes their existence to him so they let him play. The kid doesn't even read most forums and doesn't know whats going on, or who’s who, but gets to "fire people."

Some months back there was a tie vote for Thunderbird of the month and he broke the tie and awarded the honor to someone who didn't even own a Thunderbird anymore. When I pointed this out to him he said "Oh..., that would have influenced my vote." DUH!

Apparently he's a pretty good programmer though. This software here is the same basic software but either they are running a newer version or he has enhanced it greatly.

The only good programmers are those that created VBulletin. Other than adding a few "hacks" that other people wrote, he doesn't impress me at all, he is your average run of the mill web design wanna be.

Looks to me like they are trigger happy and an innocent bystander has been a victim now. Read below.

I want to clarify our position. I don't care if you send me and email telling me I'm a dirty dog, I won't ban you. I don't care! I really can't believe how many people the other site has banned over silliness. They have a "panel" of moderators and if you look at the site, they have the same people posting over and over again thousands of post to see how high they can get.

Again, if anyone is tired of messing around with the peddling of merchandise and trinkets, and silliness, let us build you your own forum! It's all web based an easy to use, they are not some kind of geniuses.

screenshot.jpg

Brad, is that post still there or did they delete it?

I think it would be helpful if moderators added comments at the end of each offending post, stating what was offensive and the deciplinary actions that were taken. That way everyone could see exactly what they did wrong and know what not to say in the future. Sort of like learning from your mistakes, or from the mistakes of others. You could see who is being targeted and who isn't, and when someone is given the ax and why.

Or, how about a poll, that way everyone could have input as to whether or not they thought a member merrited a warning.

Wonder what would happen if someone posted these suggestions!! Say, someone did a cut and paste of this post, and titled it "The other site, which we can't name, is evil, look what they are posting".

Gee, I am sounding like a trouble-maker here and I apologize ahead of time for my warped sense of humor. Here goes.... No offense but blah blah blah ...

Wouldn't you hate to pick up your newspaper each day and read things like "Quickdraw was given 6 months porbation, he was a bad boy. Don't call this newspaper with questions or you will be next" or "Brad is serving life for a sin we won't mention. A warning to others, shut-up and sit still". Here is another, Loochie aka Kathe, get away from those guys or you are next!!"

If I have left out any trouble-makers, sorry, just let me know and I will use you as an example next time.

OK guys, start yelling at me, spice up this site. My weekly release from the institution without professional supervision is nearing an end, they will be coming for me soon so I will end this post.

In an effort to save precious time and space 100 LITTLE SMILIE FACES!! AND THEY EACH HAVE CUTE LITTLE HORNS, TWO ON THE HEAD OF EACH SMILIE.

Just came from over there. The post is still there, with another member telling him to put the thread to rest, as it originated in 2002. More or less "shut up".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back