Temperature Gage Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what I've learned in this forum regarding the overheating problems that were experienced, I am curious where everyone's temperature gage reads during normal operation.

Mine pretty much stays in the 9'O clock position once it is warmed up.

Most of my other Fords usually stayed a little below this but as far I know it is probably normal.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Mine stays right at 9:00 also, and like you, I thought it looked high compared to other cars (GM, Chrysler, Ford) I have owned. Since it's in the normal range and yours reads the same as mine, I'll think about not worrying about it any more....

Ditto, 9:00 o'clock all the time once reach normal operating temperature.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

yello7530,

My parents live in Palm Springs on Tennessee just off of Fred Waring and said they have seen a yellow/yellow a few times out there. Bet it is your car that they have seen. Parents were out here for vacation 2 days after I took delivery last October and say it looks just like mine.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

biggrin.gif
Mine has from day one sat dead nuts in the middle after warmed up. Even after running it up to 125 mph one night.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

only 8 degres F today here in Montreal and the car's gauge reads 9 oclock after 15 minutes of operation....

We will see this summer in a traffic jam when the weather is closer to 100 degrees F.

Mine stays at 9 O'clock and I due a lot of stop and start driving.

metinsure

02 Thunderbird blue/blue premium black accent
71 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow I
98 Suburban 2500 diesel
00 Saab 9.3 conv.
87 Harley Heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back