Telescopic steering wheel doesn't work

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

No not under dash, pull off the bottom cover of the steering column, and you will find octagon shaped shafts facing toward the floor, there is one for vertical up and down, and one for in and out. Pull out the fuse that control the column movement (F19) i think from the panel located behind the right hand panel below dash. then you can adjust the steering column to where it's comfortable to drive.

Maybe I'm blind but I'm not seeing any octagon shafts. Try to get a good picture to show.

PXL_20230724_183021568.jpg

Posted elsewhere, but will add here, you can remove the plastic shroud around your steering column,
held on with two phillips screws, remove shroud and on the right side you will see a black plastic
module, just like in my photo on the right. Unplug the small plug with four wires, and you should
get control of your tilt and telescope functions. When you unplug the plug with four wires, anytime
you move the tilt switch you will get short one second movements of your steering wheel. It appears
this is a default function. If this does work, than your position sensor is bad just like mine. I just received
a used steering column assembly, took used position sensor and plugged into my car, and my tilt and
telescoping functions work again. Now I have to remove my steering column and swap sensors, not going
to be fun, but good to have those functions back.

Back