Teardrop Shaped A/C O-Ring

sfosvc1
Last seen
Does anyone know where to get the teardrop shaped o-ring on the back of the A/C compressor on a 2002 Bird? I have not been able to find one anywhere. None of the Ford dealerships that I have talked to list the part and I can not find it on any Ford part list breakdowns. I found a forum where a guy was trying to find one back in 2006, but the company that said that they could get one for him in a seal kit does not remember anything about it 11 years later. Go figure. It is behind a small football shaped metal plate. Someone else has had this A/C leak too I'm sure! Picture attached. Thank you in advance... :)

Attachments

• Seal.jpg
    Seal.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 0
Many years ago there was available different diameter stock that you could cut to the right length and glue the ends together with adhesive supplied with the kit. Make any o-ring. Might check with bearing houses. Good luck. JW

Hmmmm... I had the leak and replaced the "o ring", but I replaced it with an "O" ring assuming that when the unit was assembled, it was tightened down distorting the ring and that's what produced the leak.
So, either I'm right and the ring is supposed to be like all other rings or I'm wrong and I put it back together with the wrong part? Strangely, it fixed the leak?

Back