TBird on the History Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This coming Saturday, March 23, at 8:00 am to 9:00 am on the East/West coast; 6:00 am to 7:00 am Mountain; 7:00 am to 8:00 am Central is a history of the Thunderbird on the History Channel.

The following was quoted from the listing on the History Channel:

"It was a sad day in 1997 when Ford announced plans to do the same thing as the infamous father in the Beach Boys' song--they were taking the T-bird away! One of the most celebrated American automotive icons, the Thunderbird stunned the world when it was released in 1954. Buyers ordered more than 3,500 of the sporty $2,600 T-birds in the first 10 days. But like the Phoenix, the T-bird refused to die. We chronicle the rise, demise, and rebirth of this icon as the new T-birds take flight in 2001! TV G "

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

TV-G, hmmm, I guess niteflight was not involved in writing the script.

The last time this was on I recorded it and the next day the wife put that same tape in and recorded "All My Childern" over it. This time I will hide the tape.

-

There was a posting about this show a while back. I'm not allowed to have cable TV due to all the adult content, but the video is available for sale on the History Channel's website. Great program! I'm not sure if I'm doing this link-pasting thing right, but try this page on historychannel.com's website: TBird Show. If that doesn't work, go to www.historychannel.com, click on "Store", and type "Thunderbird" in the search window. That will take you to it. I didn't know until I looked this morning, but it looks like there are 2 different tapes available on the T-Bird.

-

Thanks to FD, I have all of the tapes about the Thunderbird, including some tapes from Ford-2 that were used at the Launch Celebration, and two that were in-house videos chronicling the Thunderbird's engineering.

I'm in the process of burning all to a Video CD that will play on any computer, and copies will also be available on VHS. And I do have releases from the companies concerned, so that there will not be any problems with distribution.

------------------
**********, **************************

Birdman93 That sounds great, let me know when they will be available, I would love to purchase one. Or if you are taking advanced orders email me and I'll send the check.

Birdman93
Any chance of that material being available on DVD For a standard DVD player for those of us who are a bit computer illiterate? I would love something that I could watch on my TV.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium
Full Interior Accent
Production #3944 VIN#3847
" Gotta Love It "

Once the prices come down on DVD-ROM burners, I'll invest in one-but for right now, 800-1000 is a little high for me-and the wife says I have too many toys on order already! LOL In case you hadn't heard, I'm number 5 on the list for one of the GT-40s!

------------------
**********, **************************

It would be nice if someone in the norht east would record this.

The history channel in Canada does not seem to be carrying the same shows as in the States.

I just watched the piece and taped it....pretty good. Had interviews with Mays, Nasser, Giola, and a host of others, including a dentist in Michigan who has over 5,000 pieces of memorabilia in his collection...That sounds like a road trip in itself, to see what he has!

Couple of interesting things.....the rebirth may not have happened if JacqueN has not moved to the top position. The narrator incorrectly stated that the 4-door Bird debuted in the 1968 model year (wonder what happened to the 1967's that have the suicide door setup???). When they got to the timeline for the 1989 and 1990 Birds, they showed a right-hand drive red SuperCoupe.

Worth the hour spent to view the show!

That bit about Nasser surprized me, too. I always thought J. Mays was the driving force behind the project, but I didn't hear his name coming up more than once. I guess even a poor poker player winds a hand once in a while.

I sent to the History Channel and bought that video.I think it was $19.95

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back