T-Bird Deluxe | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

T-Bird Deluxe

• Thread starter Thread starter Samuel Davis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Sam and Welcome:
According to the 2002 brochure the TBird convertible had Premium DeLuxe came through with 17" 7 spoke chrome wheels, all speed traction controlThe Deluxe had 17" 16 spoke cast wheels, painted.
Under Tbird convertible with hardtop, they were the same except the premium had hardtop as standard and Deluxe had it as an option.

In later years the engine changed from 252 to 280 HP for all models, but the heated seats were standard in Premium and optional in Deluxe.
Plus there were special color packages in some years that offered different wheels, but then thos e enerally were premiums that had the special colors and wheels.
If you want data on any specific year I'll be glad to look that up for you or scan the brochure page that may answer your questions

Last edited:
Thunderbird Deluxe

Thanks George, but I'm still somewhat confused so, any additional information you have that could help me would be greatly appreciated. I have noticed that in the resale market it seems that the Deluxe goes for roughly $5,000.00 more. Would like to know what I have. Thanks for the info and welcome.

There's no reason that the deluxe should be more money. Hard to help since I don't know much about the car, year, special edition, if you already own it etc. Plus a picture may help.
I would be happy to scan in the brochure for you if I knew the year, but you would also have to send me your email address so I can send it to you in a PDF file

I would have though the deluxe would be the cheaper of the two. The dealer who sold mine (used) said it was a deluxe but it had premium wheels,partial accent interior and traction control I've been told those were not available in 02 on the deluxe. It didn't have the hardtop but ford said that was an option on either one and I can't find any sticker or stamped metal on the body to give me a clue. But it's my thunderbird and it's totaly awsome🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back