T-Bird accesories

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
Has anyone purchased the add-ons form T-Bird
Kit.com? The headlight trim,wheel well covers,and cockpit cover. If so, what do you think of the looks and quality of work? I am
thinking about purchasing all or some of these add-ons. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have the cockpit cover at a price of 69.95.I like it.Ill have the car in Florida for the winter. Ill keep it under a car port at nite at put the cockpit cover on. Folds up small. It takes only a few min to put on. Ive used it up north when parking in an area UNDER TREESA ETC. gOOD QUALITY. fOR ME IT WORKS. iM LOOKING AT THEIR SOFT cover for the storage factor when traveling but it isnt cheap. Thats what is keeping me from ordering it. As far as a full cover goes, I perchased one for $49.95 from a Auto Parts store which works just fine; better then $250.
Originally posted by MUSEUMPROD:
Has anyone purchased the add-ons form T-Bird
Kit.com? The headlight trim,wheel well covers,and cockpit cover. If so, what do you think of the looks and quality of work? I am
thinking about purchasing all or some of these add-ons. Thanks

I just received my front cover (bra) from Ford. There are no instructions about front license plate cutouts and the 800 # was absolutely no help. If anyone has bought a Ford Bra and installed with a front plate, I need some help please.

George,
I don't believe I will be of any help regarding the bra installation. Illinois requires a front license plate but my wife wouldn't let the dealer drill holes in the car! After about 8 months, I mounted the front license in a temporary fashion which I can remove to install the bra for highway travel. I'm not sure how the license bracket is installed, but maybe you can remove it temporarily when the bra is on, or even remount it over the top of the bra by punching two small screw holes where the bracket would ordinarily mount. I don't see how the bra itself can be cut around the bracket without ruining it, but maybe someone else has done it. Probably not much help but might trigger some ideas of your own.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

George - I purchased the bra then found out that there was no cutout for the front plate.
A couple of months ago there was a posting on the site for mounting hardware for the front plate that only required a small slit in the mesh of the bra - I got it and it works OK - I'll look around and see if I have the paperwork somewhere with the address.

Navigator:
That would be great and I would appreciate it.Thanks

Thanks for the input Navigator. I sent email and it came back as service unavailable, not a Yahoo account.
If anyone else out there has a Ford "bra" I would like your input as well re. the front plate before I start cutting

George, Try writing to Birdtech for the front plate attachment kit.
Birdtech Products
107 Berrimore Drive
Utica, Ohio 43080
Attention: Bill Huykman

You might be able to get his phone number with this address. I bought the kit from him and it works, keeps you from drilling hole in your front bumper.

George, I have installed the Ford bra with a front license plate. The bra will stretch over the lic/plate,but will not be completly centered. I have been on a 1000 mile trip and really liked having the bra on for protection.

judybird

Originally posted by George:
Thanks for the input Navigator. I sent email and it came back as service unavailable, not a Yahoo account.
If anyone else out there has a Ford "bra" I would like your input as well re. the front plate before I start cutting

George, I have installed the Ford bra with a front license plate. The bra will stretch over the lic/plate,but will not be completly centered. I have been on a 1000 mile trip and really liked having the bra on for protection. There is no cutting involved.

Originally posted by George:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back