Supercharged T-bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercharger??

Look at some older threads on this site. I think Rousch makes one. I also wanted one in 03 and found that $6000 would not be enough to cover it.
Warranty was void then if installed and now I find I want but do not need!

Dennis

SVC announced one in June '05. Here's the announcement for you:

The SVC intercooled supercharger is designed to be a direct replacement for the plastic molded Thunderbird inlet system. A big bore polished aluminum tube carries filtered air to the throttle body. The thin walled aluminum manifold features long runner lengths for good torque characteristics and houses the liquid to air intercooler. The screw compressor provides better available boost and efficiency performance than the Roots type blowers used in most other applications. Cooling the compressed charge air is important for reliability and power, the liquid to air intercooler reduces the charge air temperature for the best possible power conditions. During low throttle operation at cruising speeds the boost bypass valve opens to improve fuel efficiency.
Replacement injectors are supplied to provide fuel for the expected 405hp the installation will deliver. The optional SVC supercharger cold air intake is designed to increase power by at least 10 horsepower. The cylinder head water outlets are replaced with an integrated thermostat and pulley assembly as a clean solution for the supercharger drive.
The assembly is designed to facilitate simple installation. All vacuum connections, water connections and wiring is easily accessible and clearly laid out. Instructions will guide the technician through the installation procedure with no modifications to the stock parts.
Please feel free to contact us as a group or individually. In order to make the blowers we have to do this ten units at a time.
I will work on getting all the tech info I can off our designers, but rest assured, the supercharger kits we mnaufacture will be top notch.
specialvehicles.com

The above info posted originally 2002 TBirds and Lincoln LS models, so you would have to contact them directly to see if they also cover 2003-2005 since the engines are different.
I am not sure how the Transmission and suspension would react either, so thos questions should be asked as well.

I also question whether the car's suspension, transmission, also driveshaft and universal joints and rear end would stand up under the torque put out by 405 HP. I think the answer has to be no, because why would they spend the money for it if the car ordinarly has 240 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back