Stainless Gasket | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Stainless Gasket

• Thread starter Thread starter RIVSRUS1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Riv: Last I heard was that Ford may release that design for the aftermarket sales. But that was about 6 months ago and there's been nothing currently written.
There's enough chatter going on so if I hear anything I will post it. Personally, I want it for my BlackBird! Stay tuned in.

Stainless steel mouldings....

I went to the Montreal auto show last weekend and I was given a brochure showing all the new '04 Ford cars. In the brochure is a picture of a '04 silver T-Bird with the top down and you can clearly see the car has the much talked about stainless steel mouldings to protect the paint when the hardtop is installed on the car. There were two Thunderbirds on display there : one prototype grey with a supercharged engine, and a regular production burgundy that the top down.
Now what surprises me is that the '04 shown in the brochure has the mouldings on the car, and none of the two cars on display had them...??? Does that means the mouldings will finally be available or not???

'bye...Claude 🙂

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the SS Strips will not be offered from Ford. They are supposed to have a new Mylar tape, however it is late coming out.
There is a company, PDH Distributors that is trying to find out if there's enough interest in the SS Strips. If so they claim that they can have by the spring. Paul Harris is receptive to our calls at 888-522-2465 to express our desires for this. If anyone is interested, call him.

reply to "George"....

George, I went to my Ford dealer today with the brochure I was talking about in the above post I wrote yesterday, and he checked in the 2004 parts book and they were listed. I told him to be careful not to make a mistake and order the mylar tape, but after he told me that the price for the 3 pieces was near $500.(cdn), I was pretty sure that it was for the real mouldings!😱 He also said that I should get them sometimes in the middle of next week...
I'll keep you posted and give everybody the parts #'s if it turns out to be these long awaited pieces!!
'bye!
Claude 🙂

Thanks for the info Claude. In the meantime I want to update the members:
1) The forth post (george) above says PDH Distributors. My error. It should have been APADCO. I spoke with Paul Harris and he understands the urgency to get SS Strips and believes that they will be out by March. So, I guess he doesn't need any more phone calls. He said he will advise when ready.
2) Claude, I hope those are the SS Strips, but don't get your hopes up yet.If they are truly Mylar, they should be around $60. US, so be careful with that $500. If they are SS Strips, I'd be interested in your part number and where you got them.
3) Update on my October order for "New" Mylar tapes from Ford. The order got "bumped out of their system because it was old", so the parts service advisor said. He looked them up again and said that there were 52 in a distribution center. He re-entered my order and I will have them this week. We'll see!!!

2nd reply to "George"...

George...I'll let you, and everyone else know when I have more news...I'll post the part #'s too...But like you said, I'm not setting my hope too high...When, and if I ever get them, then I'll celebrate!!!😀
'bye!...Claude. 🙂

P.S: Is there a way to post a picture of my car somewhere on this site?...

Quickdraw had asked about a phone number for SS Strips. It is Paul Harris at APADCO.com His phone is 888-522-2465.
He did say that he would let us know when they had it ready. In December he indicated that it may not happen until March 2004 due to design time etc. I will continue to keep all of you informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back