2004 Oil Fill Tube Leaking at Valve cover

david.onopa

david.onopa

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been seeing a leakage of oil at the base of the Engine Oil Fill Tube on the L.H. Valve Cover.
It seems that a gasket or "O" Ring needs to be replaced. Anyone have a suggestion on how to access the O Ring to correct correct this?
Would very much appreciate your input. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks for the link. ..... I was concerned that it might be a snap-in attachment and agree that it would be risky to try to remove the tube without cracking it.
However, short of removing the valve cover (a fairly big job), has anyone had any success in somehow sealing this joint from above?

I d
Thanks for the link. ..... I was concerned that it might be a snap-in attachment and agree that it would be risky to try to remove the tube without cracking it.
However, short of removing the valve cover (a fairly big job), has anyone had any success in somehow sealing this joint from above?
I did try sealing it with some black RTV after giving it a very good clean with brake cleaner. It slowed the oil seepage down a lot initially but it was always going to be a stopgap (pun intended!) untill I got around to taking the valve cover off and doing all the other stuff such as cops/plugs etc
Ian

I may also just have to give that a try for the short term. I'm sure the more thorough the cleaning process, the better the RTV will adhere, and the longer it will hold up, but it's
not an easy area to clean.
I appreciate you sharing your experience on this; it's got to be a common issue out there!

Back