Southern California Gathering -- February 24, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm "out" for a week. Contact trcruiser with any new info or questions. I'll be posting final details on departure on or about 2/18/02.

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Aloha!! Let's post up any interest. for those of you who are waiting on your birds, feel free to join us in Beautiful S.B. for the 24th.

The location is right next to the train station for those of you who want to catch an Amtrak.

I'll be checking in from Hawaii.

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

rt2esq & others

We plan on being at Mel's Drive-in sometine the morning of 24th. Waiting for details. Hope we have all colors. Got my license plates yesterday(A 02BIRD) Looks good. We are yellow.

Yello,

I will do a good route when I return Monday. I will post it for discussion and then we can finalize it.

The goal is lunch in S.B. with our Northern California Bird Family. Right now, Trcruiser and I are talking about meeting up on Highway 1 and then cruising from there through S.B. to the restaurant.

As far as we are concerned, we've got Sunset Blvd., PCH, Malibu, and then Highway 1 through Ventura and then right into S.B. I need to punch it into the computer to determine the time we need to alot to get into S.B. around 11:30 p.m. If there are any good stops along the way for photos, let's talk about them.

Also, my kids have some two way radios that I going to borrow. I am also going to get everyone's cell number on the trip in case one of us gets loose.

Finally, we are working on getting the LA Times, Santa Barbara Press, and possibly, local television to do some converage of our gathering. It all depends on our numbers and our colors.

Aloha!

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

TrCruiser and I are speaking by phone today to finalize plans. If you are interesting in coming and have not e-mailed me, please do so ASAP at rt2esq@*********. Here is a list of Forum Members from CA that have birds that I have not heard from or have e-mails for:

1. greyfox11; 2. golden-gal; 3. Denny Adkins; 4 Benensohn; 5. kh6vo; 6. Ray Cunningham; 7. Eugene Jones; 8. gnldoptics; 9. brdblis; and 10. mikedmeyer.

Also, I am proposing to tr cruiser that we launch a new thread called "California Cruise I -- Santa Barbara" for postings on this event for this date forward.

Thanks for your interest.

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

Ric,

On Saturday, the wife and I will be driving over in our new Blackbird from Fresno on Highways 41 and 46 to Paso Robles, then down Highway 101 through San Luis Obispo, and on to Santa Barbara. We expect to be in Santa Barbara late Saturday afternoon.

We will be staying at the Tropicana Inn (805)966-2219 near the beach (talk to Lou).

We will be crusing around Santa Barbara and Goleta that evening, seeing old sites. My daughter and son-in-law went to UCSB a decade ago, and were married in the Women's Club across from the Mission.

If anyone else would like to meet up with us for the drive to Santa Barbara, e-mail me back.

See you and everyone there at the Mission and BeBop Burgers on Sunday.

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium
VIN 106831

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back