soft top latches

Status
Not open for further replies.
57 bluebird

57 bluebird

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone encountered this? I heard a rattle when the top was down. It turned out to be one of the front latches was loose and rattled when the top was in the lowered position. Of course I had to compare it to the other side and something let loose. It seems like the little springs that pull the hooks forward may have broken or slipped. Now when I put the top up the front hooks hang stright down and I have to push one forward and catch it a little and then do the other side, then push the handle all the way up. I guess I will have to go to the dealer to get it fixed.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have experienced this too. The plastic bushings are worn on the soft top latches. Ford does not sell replacement bushings but sells the entire rod mechanism (less the handle) for $300.00 - $330.00 plus installation cost. As of this date, Tbird Specalities sells replacement brass busings (4 pieces) and the two split pins for $299.00 + installagtion cost. I thinking that I may just buy the whole assembly from Ford which will zero time all of the mechanism components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back