soft top latches

Status
Not open for further replies.
57 bluebird

57 bluebird

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone encountered this? I heard a rattle when the top was down. It turned out to be one of the front latches was loose and rattled when the top was in the lowered position. Of course I had to compare it to the other side and something let loose. It seems like the little springs that pull the hooks forward may have broken or slipped. Now when I put the top up the front hooks hang stright down and I have to push one forward and catch it a little and then do the other side, then push the handle all the way up. I guess I will have to go to the dealer to get it fixed.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The latch on my driver's side came all the way off. The dealer's ordered the part for me. seemed to come off for no reason.

I have experienced this too. The plastic bushings are worn on the soft top latches. Ford does not sell replacement bushings but sells the entire rod mechanism (less the handle) for $300.00 - $330.00 plus installation cost. As of this date, Tbird Specalities sells replacement brass busings (4 pieces) and the two split pins for $299.00 + installagtion cost. I thinking that I may just buy the whole assembly from Ford which will zero time all of the mechanism components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back